Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
Warranty coming to an end on my C43. I'm assuming that it's worth going with the Mercedes extended warranty because if something breaks, it's likely to be expensive and there will be fewer issues using their warranty vs a third party? £43/month is what Mercedes are currently quoting.

Man of Honour
Warranty coming to an end on my C43. I'm assuming that it's worth going with the Mercedes extended warranty because if something breaks, it's likely to be expensive and there will be fewer issues using their warranty vs a third party? £43/month is what Mercedes are currently quoting.

That doesn’t sound bad at all!
Definitely stick with the Merc warranty though, at least you know you’re sorted for anything then.

Soldato
I can tell you the estate does! But I imagine you're asking about the saloon? I feel like I know it does because I've seen it somewhere - but I'm not certain enough to say for sure sorry.

haha definitely the saloon, I believe it may have be an option for pre facelift.

I’m trying to weigh up options I.e. saloon with roof rack or estate, as I’ve recently taken up biking ;)

Associate
That doesn’t sound bad at all!
Definitely stick with the Merc warranty though, at least you know you’re sorted for anything then.

That was my thinking - similar to the BMW warranty - less likely to be issues if you go directly with them. There is a long list of exclusions, however:

Bodywork, body seals (including convertible roof, boot, sunroof, doors etc.), fixings and fastenings: nuts/bolts/brackets/studs/clips and springs (other than suspension springs), glass, interior/ exterior trim, interior panels, paint, lamp units and wheels. Any failure attributable to the effects of overheating is not regarded as a mechanical failure under the terms of this insurance.

• Air cleaners; • Any seal, gasket or sealant; • Auxiliary belts; • Batteries - non HV and auxiliary batteries; • Bonnet, boot and fuel flap release cables; • Brake friction material and discs/drums; • Brake pipes and brake hoses; • Clutch assemblies/clutch fork/release bearings/pressure plate/carrier plate; • Clutch master cylinder/clutch slave cylinder; • Core plugs; • Distributor caps; • Drive shaft and steering rack gaiters; • Electrical connection blocks, terminals and fuses; • Exhaust system, muffler, heat shields and exhaust pipes; • Fuel filters; • Gearbox, axle and drive line mountings; • Handbrake/parking brake cables; • Hinges (all); • Hoses/pipes (non-metal), hose clips and connectors (excluding coolant hoses); • HT leads; • Light bulbs and LED bulbs (except Xenon Bulbs); • Navigation CDs, DVDs and SD cards; • Oil filters and gaskets; • PAS high pressure hose/pipes; • Pollen/odour filters; • Reprogramming or software updates (unless required as part of a replacement part repair or remedies the complaint/fault. Maximum 1 hour); • Shock absorbers and suspension struts; • Spark plugs; • Sunroof cables, convertible cables, convertible roof material and straps; • Tyres; • Wheels; • Wiper blades; • Wiring and wiring looms.

This one I also think is a bit unfair:

17.We will not pay for any damage to parts not covered by this warranty even if the damage is caused by a covered part.

Still good value??

Associate
Sounds like they'll fix things like the gear box, and major engine faults and that is about it. All the other exclusions seem to include potential wear and tear, or non-needed upgrades.

£500 a year to protect your engine and gearbox, oh and maybe the ECU(s)

Probably still worth it, I think. If any of those things go, it's likely to be a lot more than £500 to fix.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
£43/month almost sounds like good val
I was actually amazed how cheap it was to extend the warranty on my E43, £400 is much cheaper than the XF which was close to £800. The XJ was £1.1k
Sting you on the servicing though....which is a requirement. Dont forget those costs :)

(No idea on all model costs, but my E350 is extremely expensive to service at the main agent when compared with my BMW at its agent).

Soldato
£43/month almost sounds like good val

Sting you on the servicing though....which is a requirement. Dont forget those costs :)

(No idea on all model costs, but my E350 is extremely expensive to service at the main agent when compared with my BMW at its agent).

No doubt about it, Mercedes servicing costs are rather crazy. I’ve had one A service £360 (with brake fluid change) and one B service £750 (with plugs change)

Soldato
No doubt about it, Mercedes servicing costs are rather crazy. I’ve had one A service £360 (with brake fluid change) and one B service £750 (with plugs change)

Might be different on some models, but i went with their service plan. Works out at £32/mth for 2 years. So £380/yr for 2 services (A & B) and also includes roadside assistance. I didn't think that was too bad, although one service was the 60k one which also needed some work on the automatic box which made it an easier choice.

Back
Top Bottom