Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
Looks clean for the age. How much did it set you back (if you don’t mind)?

£3900 , just needs a few bits nothing major . It’s had the engine balance shaft replaced my Mercedes ( my sister works there I can access service history), not sure if the guy I bought it off was aware . It’s a Major issue on these V6 3.5 litre engines and will wreck them if not sorted mines an M272 engine that’s been done.

I’m pleased , it was for no money and I’ll get every penny back so free motoring in my book .

Really like the way it drives , so much so I’ll be looking for a SLK 55 AMG version if we get out of this mess - something to look froward to .

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I do like bargain Mercs like that SLK, what a lovey car for £3900! :)

pulls like a train though, what a crap saying :p trains are really really slow, take about a mile to stop, but can pull thousands of tons, the opposite to a little sports car!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Pulls like a train though, what a crap saying :p trains are really really slow, take about a mile to stop, but can pull thousands of tons, the opposite to a little sports car!

Hah I know Fox and others hate this saying, but c'mon it's not a literal thing.

Trains pull very well, it's their job, just a different type of pulling :)

Soldato
My Facebook feed keeps being filled with adverts from lawyers about this Mercedes diesel scandal. Whenever i try and google it all i find are other lawyers offering their services but nothing from anything reputable.

I feel the last word of that sentence should tell me everything i need to know, but is there any substance to all these claims?

Soldato
I started a thread on this a while back, but it went nowhere useful: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/mercedes-dieselgate-class-action-suit.18887774/.

My main concern is that the lawyers involved all look rather dodgy, even moreso than usual, and the clauses all state they can recoup costs from the claimants if the case is not successful. The latter put me off claiming completely, aside from the moral view that the issue the lawsuit centres around didn't harm me in any way.

Don
Picking up an SLK320 tomorrow, my Integra needs rust repairs, going in October ish to be done between other jobs. So I need a car in the meantime.

Was looking at a cheap MX5 or similar, ended up finding the SLK.

So now I'll own two rust prone 20 year old cars :o

Man of Honour
I started a thread on this a while back, but it went nowhere useful: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/mercedes-dieselgate-class-action-suit.18887774/.

My main concern is that the lawyers involved all look rather dodgy, even moreso than usual, and the clauses all state they can recoup costs from the claimants if the case is not successful. The latter put me off claiming completely, aside from the moral view that the issue the lawsuit centres around didn't harm me in any way.

What exactly would you be claiming for? What are your losses?

Caporegime

It went nowhere useful because claiming for something that not only didn’t affect you but that you weren’t even aware of until you smelled a paycheque is a scummy thing to do.

Soldato
What's the general thoughts on tinted rear windows?

I'm considering getting it done on my E Class estate, as I often carry a lot of expensive gear/mountain bike in the boot/back seats.

Is it up there with a corner sofa and Gucci belt?

Associate
My last two cars have both had it, factory installed. Both estates.

I like it. Keeps the rear private, particularly when you are carrying something expensive like a bike.

Soldato
My last two cars have had it as standard. I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there, but definitely a nice to have. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving anything that expensive in the car though as the privacy glass doesn't completely obscure the contents. Perhaps a luggage cover would work better?

Soldato
For genuine privacy need then go for it. Neither my E46 or C63 had them factory fitted and didn't feel the need to get them done. Never leave anything of value in the car and actually it's quite refreshing in my opinion to see nice premium cars without them. As mentioned above, it doesn't offer full privacy and you can see into most close up. Do your research however and get it fitted from a reputable fitter.

Soldato
For genuine privacy need then go for it. Neither my E46 or C63 had them factory fitted and didn't feel the need to get them done. Never leave anything of value in the car and actually it's quite refreshing in my opinion to see nice premium cars without them. As mentioned above, it doesn't offer full privacy and you can see into most close up. Do your research however and get it fitted from a reputable fitter.

I'm still umming and aaaahing about it. I'll miss being able to wave thanks to people through the back window...

There's a company in Derby that offers all back windows tinted for £150. Seems reasonable? My old Skyline cost £200 for the tiny back windows back in 2003

Back
Top Bottom