Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
Does anyone have a recommendation for an OBD reader that works on Mercedes vehicles?

I've got a 2016 Vito and the esp light keeps coming on, I also lose steering assist which is fun when it happens on a roundabout or similar.

Any info on the fault would be good as well, Mercedes want £60 + vat for a diagnostic.

Man of Honour
Found an ideal 2019 E63S in the spec I want but having a hard job trying to convince myself it’s a good idea as I now work from home permanently so barely use my E43 as it is.

Even more reason to do it :p can enjoy it properly at weekends despite the increased fuel costs

Not quite the same but I went from a C43 to a C63 in July, and the fact I am working from home is a bonus as it means when I'm using it, it's because I want to go out and drive and enjoy it, rather than stuck in traffic. The fact it is almost as economical as my C43 on a long run (34MPG over 35.5MPG) is a bonus for if I do ever need to commute in, but luckily as a contractor, I'm working from home most of the time anyway, even before COVID.

DO IT, DO IT

Associate
@Steedie, just got a letter through about a recall on my C63. It looks like there is an issue with the ESP software and there is an update that needs to be performed. Not too sure if you have the dynamic engine mounts too but there is also seems to be another update to fix an issue with them.

Soldato
Folks... thinking of selling my C300 68 plate, I couldve swore I saw some listed on Autotrader but checking today I cant find any!
Can anyone check I am not going crazy? Mileage circa 16-17k on the clock. Saloon.
We buyanycar priced it at £19k....

Thanks folks.

Soldato
Folks... thinking of selling my C300 68 plate, I couldve swore I saw some listed on Autotrader but checking today I cant find any!
Can anyone check I am not going crazy? Mileage circa 16-17k on the clock. Saloon.
We buyanycar priced it at £19k....

Thanks folks.

Have a look on Mercedes approved used to get the best idea of pricing. Phone a couple of your local Mercedes dealers as given age and mileage they will most likely buy it direct. Will be a better price than wbac no doubt.

Otherwise the local prestige used car dealers tend to offer sensible money as well.

Man of Honour
@Steedie, just got a letter through about a recall on my C63. It looks like there is an issue with the ESP software and there is an update that needs to be performed. Not too sure if you have the dynamic engine mounts too but there is also seems to be another update to fix an issue with them.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of fellow owners I know get these on Friday, so I'm expecting to get it this week sometime. Thanks for tagging me though, appreciate the thought :)

Did you book yours in yet?

Associate
Yeah, I've seen a couple of fellow owners I know get these on Friday, so I'm expecting to get it this week sometime. Thanks for tagging me though, appreciate the thought :)

Did you book yours in yet?

Not yet, I got the letter on Friday but didn't open it until later today so it was already closed. I will be booking in on Monday.

Associate
So the car is booked in for next Monday. I need to leave the car with them for the day as there are multiple updates that need to now be performed. The lady doing the booking in said there were quite a few required for the car. Will be interesting to see what exactly they all are. Will let you know once I've picked it up.

Man of Honour
So the car is booked in for next Monday. I need to leave the car with them for the day as there are multiple updates that need to now be performed. The lady doing the booking in said there were quite a few required for the car. Will be interesting to see what exactly they all are. Will let you know once I've picked it up.

Oooh interesting, I didn't get my letter today :( although Royal Mail is very slow around here lately so we'll see. I want free updates :p

Soldato
it'd be rude not to! :D

Even more reason to do it :p can enjoy it properly at weekends despite the increased fuel costs
DO IT, DO IT

Well I did it, I took it out for a test drive and :eek: it’s a freaking missile, the power is absolutely brutal. It’s a 2019 E63S in Designo Hyacinth metallic red with only 4008 miles on the clock so is spotless. Put a deposit down on it and pick it up next Friday :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom