Metallica - Hardwired... to Self-Destruct (New Album)

Man of Honour
OP
Really liking MIF too - far more than hardwired :)

I had to say - definitely one of the better Kirk solos.... best vibrato he has ever done surely.... slash-esque that ending!

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't like 90% of it but there was a few 20 sec riffs which were like "Old Metallica" and they rocked (3:15 & 4:25).

Also noticed it looks like they regressed in the studio back to James and Hobo Lars running everything and Kirk/Rob doing little (Rob actually looked bored).

Associate
I like it, though Lars might as well just have a snare drum given the amount he uses the toms.

Kirk copying his own solo from Suicide and redemption, I'm not sure whether to feel amused or sad. When was the last time he wrote a decent solo without copious amounts of Wah? I can't think of anything since the Load/Reload era :eek:

Associate
I quite like it. They seem to be going in the right direction after the terrible, unlistenable (IMO) last two albums and I didn't think much of load and reload either! I agree that Kirk's solos aren't as awesome as they could be a la Justice, my all time favourite album. I also think in this track the harmonies are very Maiden like.

Looking forward to listening to the full album.

And holy hell, Lars is looking old! They all are, time marches on, but Lars!

Soldato
Atlas Rise Live in Colombia - Miles better live but the bits I mentioned above are still better than the rest of the song, and live those bits are extremely good. Kirk isn't quite as good live any more either which is a massive shame too.

Soldato
God I hate to be so negative when Metallica were such a massive part of my early life but I haven't liked anything so far. I guess we've just parted ways at the crossroads of life aka Load/Reload and have never reconnected.

Soldato
Interesting you should mention load / relod as Dream no more reminds me of them as it could easily fit on those albums. I think I am in the minority that there isn't any Metallica album I actually dislike. I like the variance that comes when you hit play all on Metallica, not everything is amazing but better than being stale and producing album after album of the same.

Back
Top Bottom