MG 6 released soon! Success at last for MG?

Soldato
In terms of something like the old Nissan Primera and some toyota's it looks 'OK'..

The interior seems 'ok', the styling is as odd as other hum drum cars, although those alloys do ming hard.

As an MG though, it seems to fall way short, no OTT sporty looks etc..

Soldato
OP
And the fact that's it uses a modified platform based on the 75, and will be powered by an engine heavily based on the Rover K-series. Oh and it'll eventually be built at Longbridge.

Yeah, just the badge.

Good points, I'll be watching to see if they actually 'fixed' the K series engine, but reports in China have been good so far.

SAIC have released the 'new' headgasket they used to help rectify the issue to market now, so people with the K series in older MG/Rover vehicles can fit it, maybe it'll last longer than the original and the MLS gasket that's floating around at the moment?

Permabanned
And the fact that's it uses a modified platform based on the 75, and will be powered by an engine heavily based on the Rover K-series. Oh and it'll eventually be built at Longbridge.

Yeah, just the badge.

What does a Rover 75 or a Rover engine have to do with being a proper MG car? Some would say that the Rover MGs weren't MG at all either.

Associate
What does a Rover 75 or a Rover engine have to do with being a proper MG car? Some would say that the Rover MGs weren't MG at all either.

No, no. I agree with you completely. Regardless they are part of MG's history though and therefore to say that this car has only the badge related to MG is just incorrect.

Soldato

Yeah, just the badge.

Well if the AutoCar review is to be believed then this car has nothing to do with the Rover 75 chassis at all. Reading the review suggested that the only part from rovers of old is a bit of the subframe.

Soldato
Just wait, you'll all be driving Chinese cars in 15 years time!

No I won't, but I may be driving a 25 year old car ...or older though :p

I think that saloon MG looks ok actually, the hatch thing the thread was about is awful though, looks dreadful. Which is a shame since it's based on a platform that actually looked rather good, I think the Rover 75 looked good myself and the MG ZT looked very good, especially the MK1 variant.

Back
Top Bottom