1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MG TF 80th Anniversary - Pics

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Sneaky Peaky, 11 Apr 2010.

1. Sneaky Peaky

Wise Guy

Couldn't resist the opportunity to take advantage of a bit of nice weather for a change so gave the car a good clean and popped out to take some new photies :)

The car has just had it's cambelt service and has now done just over 17k since new and is running really nicely, great fun in this weather with the roof down. Am still considering changing it soon but may keep it for the rest of the summer and get something else for the winter..

I recently changed the heater control unit over to the later type (a real pig of a job) and changed the HU to an Alpine Ipod one but other than that it is still all standard, a bit of a record for me tbh.. :o

Hope you like the pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Apr 2010
  2. grudas

Capodecina

that is a nice car dude.. love the interior.. and colour :) probably one of the nicest TF's i've seen

3. alex24

Capodecina

Yeah, that interior is great, nice wheels!

4. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

Interior looks lovely.

5. Bluelion

Hitman

For all the stick which MG have received in recent years, that's one great looking 2-seater open-top, with a great looking interior. You've looked after it well :)

6. Janesy B

Caporegime

You should have taken that to Brooklands today ;)

7. tom_nieto

Capodecina

Gave mine a good clean inside and out this weekend. Looking good, although mine has done over 50k now :eek: Didn't do any driving with the roof up all week :D

A very tidy example, unless you're really yearning for something right now, keep it for a few months, sell it while there is a bit of sun left and buy something in the winter while prices are lower.

8. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

God damn, had I known picture threads were acceptable again I'd have made one rather than hidden mine away in show us your motors :p

9. Akira

Wise Guy

Love that interior but I'd have to do something about the gaps around the front bumper panel, they're all over the place! Looks lovely otherwise though.

10. Sneaky Peaky

Wise Guy

Yeah I noticed that in the pics, will have to check that out !

Oh bugger, didn't know pics where supposed to go in show us your motors now. Can someone move it please :)

11. dalin80

Mobster

Well looked after ones actually drive very well too, iam not saying they dont have issues but as a whole the TF's (and F's to a degree) get a lot more hate then they deserve off folk who have never driven one thats been looked after.

12. mast3r

Mobster

Very nice mate!

13. Matt82

Capodecina

looks like a nicely looked after MGF. still on its original head gasket?

14. Nor

Wise Guy

Lovely looking car. What engine?

15. Sneaky Peaky

Wise Guy

TF, please ;) Still on orginal HG although has only done 17k so plenty of opportunity still. Have stuck some money away for the inevitable although the later cars do seem to be a bit more reliable on that front.

Mines a TF160, so that's a theoretical sub 7 secs 0-60 and a true 33 MPG

It also has the luxury of AC which is a rarity and suprisingly very useful even in a rag top :)

16. Matt82

Capodecina

is there a big difference between an F and TF? still the same rover underneith isnt it?

17. Janesy B

Caporegime

The suspension.

18. Matt82

Capodecina

ah so they finally got rid of hydragas

19. Janesy B

Caporegime

Yep.

From wiki:

20. Dogbreath

Capodecina

There are a few important differences. The TF has coil springs vs the MGF's hydragas system, and the body was considerably stiffened up by the addition of some braces. The TF also has a quicker steering rack

Last edited: 13 Apr 2010