1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mice with side buttons on both sides

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Durzel, 22 Sep 2009.

1. Durzel

Soldato

I've been using a regular Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1 for as long as I can remember with everything including games and have grown quite accustomed to the button-on-either-side layout to the point where I don't think I could deal with just two thumb buttons as seems to be the case with most new gaming mice nowadays.

Unfortunately I've gone through 2 of these mice in recent weeks, my first one lasted years but the one that replaced it - exactly the same model - has only managed to last about 2 months with the left side button starting to not respond from time to time, which of course just will not do in FPS games. :D

I was wondering what suggestions people might have for a replacement?

I looked at the Razer Lachesis as it has 2 buttons on both sides but I read reviews that the side buttons were quite stiff (and quite small).

I don't need something with ridiculous software & firmware features, I don't really care about DPI so long as I can just aim the way I always have, etc.

Any thoughts?

2. Theguy

Wise Guy

The Razer diamondback has buttons on both sides, if thats any help.

3. 95thrifles

Perma Banned

Got the lachesis myself, the side buttons are small, but I wouldnt say theyre stiff, its quite a small mouse overall too

4. Durzel

Soldato

Cool, will give the Lachesis a blast. Thanks!

5. Selachi

Gangster

I've got a Razer Diamondback - 2 big side buttons on the thumb side, and 2 buttons of the same size on the right hand side. To be honest though, i never ever use the buttons on the right side of the mouse, it's just not convenient. 7 buttons total.