Microsoft canned PC vs Xbox cross-platform gaming

Caporegime
Good.

Couldn't do with playing against the 'elitest' PC Gamers on a FPS. The kids on live are bad enough, let alone the gloating you would get from them.

However driving games/fighting games would be an interesting one to do.

Associate
Good.

Couldn't do with playing against the 'elitest' PC Gamers on a FPS. The kids on live are bad enough, let alone the gloating you would get from them.

However driving games/fighting games would be an interesting one to do.

Yeah, FPS games are a waste of time, but anything that is better on controller or another peripheral would be fairly even. Dirt 2, Grid, SSF4 etc.

Soldato
Dreamcast and PC owners could play Quake 3 against each other - predictably for the large part the controller players couldn't keep up. You try performing a 360 backflip while headshotting that dude across the map with a railgun. It just ain't gonna happen.

Slower paced games would be fine though but there's an obvious advantage PC gamers have.

Caporegime
Dreamcast and PC owners could play Quake 3 against each other - predictably for the large part the controller players couldn't keep up. You try performing a 360 backflip while headshotting that dude across the map with a railgun. It just ain't gonna happen.

How did that work? I remember doing it and owning the Dreamcast players, but I can't remember what/if anything needed 'modding' to be able to get access to the DC servers.

Associate
How did that work? I remember doing it and owning the Dreamcast players, but I can't remember what/if anything needed 'modding' to be able to get access to the DC servers.

If i remember right you had to downgrade Q3 to an older version thats compatible with the DC version and then install a map pack :)

I used to hold my own on the DC version versus the PC players.... probably because I used a DC keyboard and mouse :p

edit: aha! here you go :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_III_Arena#Dreamcast

Back
Top Bottom