Microsoft hatred .. Were they right?

Soldato
Utter retards, the lot of them. I love how they're stuffing their faces with Microsoft-paid food and drink too, the hypocritical pile of scum.

And your friend sounds like he needs a brain transplant too. I expect he's one of those people who have never tried Vista, they just jump on a tired and already creaking bandwagon with the rest of the people who can't muster up a functional brain cell between them.

Soldato
OK I stand corrected on that. Actually -- no -- Microsoft were a massive, MASSIVE part of the whole night .,.,

Then they bought they way in. Which adds to why they were booed. Go to the London Games Festival website, do some reading. It's not MS's event. I wasn't there so I don't know why they booed and again I'm not saying it was right. But from your first post you made it sound like a special event from MS, which it was not.

EDIT: Again Video Games Live is going to play music and sounds which people understand. You won't hear the OSX bootup sound because it's not popular. The windows XP login is.

Soldato
Anyway I'm in heated debate with my friend who I went with .. he says Microsoft-guy deserved it totally because Vista was so useless and Microsoft are ****ers. He loved the fact it happened and the guy who didn't get to say a word was totally humiliated. It was the highlight of his night. He laughs when thinking about it.

You need to get a new friend.

Soldato
Funny enough MS isn't a partner but the organisation your wife works for (it funds other aniti-piracy organisations, doesn't actually deal with it themselves) is a partner. So it was less of a invite and more of them doing business.

Also it sounds like it was a free event. I can't view past events on the games festival site but they offer different events.

Permabanned
You vastly underestimate human stupidity OP. take a look around these forums for example. what happened though was unacceptable.

Man of Honour
Completely unacceptable, rude and ungracious... unfortunatly 60+% of people are like that if they think they can get away with it :(

Associate
What a bunch of retarded hypocrites, happy to go to the event, eat the company laid on free food, take their prizes and then they want to boo some poor sap who is in no way responsible for all their petty gripes. Absolutely pathetic.

Man of Honour
At the end of the day without Microsoft and Direct X, we certainly wouldn't have the relatively straight forward gaming experience we have all enjoyed for so long.

Like any big company it's hard to please everyone and it's always the people who have a negative experience that shout the loudest.

As with most jobs, you are only as good as your last mistake.

Associate
Being introduced as the "microsoft guy" probably didnt help.

If introduced as the organiser of the even, I think he wouldve got a better reception. Still out of order really.

Soldato
that's bloody ungrateful, it's sad that adults can behave in this manner. on top of which why waste an evening at a microsoft event (or an event sponsored by microsoft) if you cant stand the companies guts, then to hurl abuse ,after what sounded like (imo) a great evening out, at the host is just down right pathetic. you can tell your mate from me that he has a lot of growing up to do if he ever wants to be more than an ungracious spoiled luddite.

Back
Top Bottom