Microsoft hatred .. Were they right?

Soldato
Microsoft is just one of those companies it's 'cool' to hate among many geek circles, pathetic really.

They do not endear themselves to the geek circles either though - I can name a long long list of evils and bad things Microsoft has done over the years

Everything is not forgotten over one single event (hell I can name an evil Microsoft did within the past few months).

Caporegime
They do not endear themselves to the geek circles either though - I can name a long long list of evils and bad things Microsoft has done over the years

Everything is not forgotten over one single event (hell I can name an evil Microsoft did within the past few months).

Funny, you could probably name a long list of 'evils' that every company has done. They're a company after all, not your best friend.

Soldato
Funny, you could probably name a long list of 'evils' that every company has done. They're a company after all, not your best friend.

No, but some companies try to offer you the best possible thing and offer it in a manner that is nice and good - Microsoft don't do that really - just look at all the XBox 360 "exclusive" games that will never see the light of day on the other Microsoft platform ... the Windows PC

Look at them trying to sell patents just the other week to a patent troll so that the patent troll can then use them to sue Linux vendors (as MS does not want to sue them directly for fear of being sued back or due to the negative publicity and anti-competition probes) - luckily OIN outsmarted them

As I said, it will take a while for good behaviour and very good service to change the geeks perception of MS

Last edited:
Soldato
Look at them trying to sell patents just the other week to a patent troll so that the patent troll can then use them to sue Linux vendors (as MS does not want to sue them directly for fear of being sued back or due to the negative publicity and anti-competition probes) - luckily OIN outsmarted them

Not really? They sold them to these guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_Security_Trust

Caporegime
No, but some companies try to offer you the best possible thing and offer it in a manner that is nice and good - Microsoft don't do that really - just look at all the XBox 360 "exclusive" games that will never see the light of day on the other Microsoft platform ... the Windows PC

As a 360 gamer Microsoft have offered me plenty of exclusives. There is no reason for Microsoft to get exclusive games for the PC.

Soldato
Why is that? The PC is the superior platform afterall

That depends on your point of view. From a developer's point of view, it's a platform that will sell a lot less and be pirated a lot more than a console one. You'll also have to spend ages making sure your game works with dozens of different hardware configurations. It's no wonder there are hardly any PC exclusive developers anymore.

Soldato
It's big brother crowd syndrome.
No matter who goes in or comes out the dor they all get one hell of a booing, Mother Teresa walks out those doors and they'd boo her for the sake of it.

This is new modern Britian. No respect in society.

Associate
So your friend is blaming it on the Microsoft guy that Vista was apparently *poor*.

It is likely that this guy had nothing to do with the production of Vista.

Yes the Windows platform does have it's ups and down, but certainly not enough to be that rude and disgusting, especially after they gave all of those free goodies away.

Last edited:

AMG

AMG

Soldato
only cos 90% of those nurds can't work for Microsoft, fact.

but yeah it is very unacceptable, consdering that MICROSOFT paided for the whole event.

They should know better, unless they were all chavvs secretly :p just a shame that people that one may rank as higher can do such a disrespectful thing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom