Microsoft hatred .. Were they right?

Associate
What i dont understand is, if they hate microsoft (which is fair enough) why go to a microsoft sponsored event? Very hypocritical imho

Also i run vista ultimate and havent really had any major problems tbh.

Caporegime
Frankly only a couple people hit on the thing that really makes me cringe, its not the hating, its not the going to an event sponsored by a company you randomly(with zero logic involved) hate because its cool, its the random excuse for behaving like this that people seem to look for constantly.

I hate certain people other friends hang out with, but I don't stand there booing the guy if he's talking to my friend, I even make polite small talk with him. I don't feel the need to hurl abuse at someone just because I can. When the hell did that change, people can't just be nice at all, its mob mentality going overboard, they clearly couldn't possibly hate this individual person, its just a mob blindly focusing hate and rage and picking any random target and thinking up an excuse. These people were having FUN abusing someone and thats the part that makes me disgusted.

It has nothing to do with MS to be honest, a group like that would have found any excuse to get rowdy and nasty to someone.

hell theres one guy in this thread going out of his way to find excuses why MS deserved it, "they had nothing to do with it, they didn't sponsor it, blah blah blah". IF MS had charged £30 for the event, and charged the organise for every xbox, and overcharged them for supplying the food etc, etc, thats still not even close to a reason for them to do what they did. If that guy came out, and attacked a guy, or said he loved Osama bin Laden, then they'd have an excuse.

Its really disturbing how bad people are getting in the uk, happy for any excuse to behave like this in general.

Soldato
but yeah it is very unacceptable, consdering that MICROSOFT paided for the whole event.

they didn't, it happens every year... they paid part of the event through sponsorship (and subsequently got publicity for it). It was not, nor has it ever been a Microsoft event

But still, booing him was out of order

Permabanned
OP
By the way if anyone wants to know what the event was like .. well here is the very start -- this is the Old Skool section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVHGy9XEF9I

Oh, and also, anyone aged under 30 or who hasn't been a nerd for decades will think this looks the biggest load of cack ever.

Finally you have no idea how much better a 120 peice orchestra sounds in real life than a dodgy recording over your speakers!

Anyway -- now you know what I'm talking about! :) Although being there and the atmosphere was 10000 times better than this vid shows! Until the end as mentioned ...

Soldato
Should have sealed the room and gassed the lot of them(after removing the orchestra/organisers/innocents)- its unbridled racism in its rawest form.
People like that are the exact reason this country is going to the dogs... Absolutely sickening.

Associate
i think as others have said "free entry" means any retards can get in. if there was a £10-£20 entrance fee with a voucher off or goodies then that would have kept the majority of the meaning msoft haters out.

i goto ww2 re-enacting events the ones that are free entry are 50% full off drunk scum who have no idea about ww2 are not interested etc, just come cos there bored and mess around, whereas when theres an entrance fee to play its a totally different event, full of interest stories and a good fun event.

/agree close the doors and throw a few hand grenades in.

Soldato
It sounds to me like Microsoft made the mistake of aiming such a free concert at underage, ill-informed and generally "stupid" people.
Really - when playing classical music versions of computer game music then you are aiming the concert at young people.

Thankfully all of the Microsoft (and other) events I've been to have been aimed at professionals and people in the computer or support industry.
What you get there is people respecting the speakers on stage no matter who they are representing.
And again as adults we listen, even if we don't particularly like who is speaking.

In answer to the original question - totally unacceptable.
Bigger picture - what did MS expect when putting on something free for ungreatful kids?

Soldato
Microsoft needs to be respected for the contribution they have made in making computers mainstream and accessible to the majority. I really don't care if you can't compile or a kernal or whatever the hell that's supposed to mean on Windows, that was enough to send these sad, pathetic little people flying into a rage.

Soldato
Did Microsoft create any of these games? Trying to associate themselves with such memories hahahah.
I am glad they got boo'd off; back fired in their faces lmao.

Soldato
Ahh Video Games Live :) it truely is an amazing night out! I went a couple of years ago when they were at the Royal Festival Hall in London. Wouldn't mind going again TBH!

As far as I'm aware these guys have nothing to do with MS?! they just have special guests on their tours, when I went we had Marty O'Donnell (one of the jingle singers that created the Halo them). It also wasn't free when I went, and hasn't been free since then! lol so how you got in for free I don't know?! but maybe thats why it was full of tards! if they had actually spent money on tickets they may have appreciated it more and shown a little more respect

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18047724&highlight=video+games+live

Soldato
Unacceptable they should be grateful for the free night, maybe next time the Microsoft guys should come on first.. then all the idiots who start the abuse can be thrown out before they have a good night!!

As for your mate using VISTA as an excuse is stupid.. so what if he don't like it, I'd don't either and you know what it hasn't cost me a penny as I still use XP. I have done since its release, now that's value for money :)

Actually waiting for Windows 7 though as that looks promising.

Back
Top Bottom