Microsoft hatred .. Were they right?

Soldato
Why should one guy suffer when the driver vendors are mainly to blame for Vista's poor first half year or so. Creative, Nvidia, ATI to name but a few were utterly useless, they are to blame more than anyone else.

Vista started out as a fine OS and still is even today since the drivers have now well matured enough for Windows 7 to comfortably slip into it's place. Had we received Windows 7 as a successor to XP, it would have undergone the same negative critisism.

Most people slagging Vista off haven't a clue and do it as mentioned because it's the cool thing to do. I recall MS dressing up Vista as an alternative looking OS at one point for a survey or something - and all the folks who used that OS 'loved the experience'. Just shows how clueless folk are.

Associate
I think that MS did drop the ball a bit on Vista's launch, and it wasn't only driver issues that let them down. Things like file copy speeds that were entirely within their control made using the OS a pain at times. Having said that, I continued to use it, because I thought it was a valuable enough evolution from XP. Service Pack 1 improved the situation a lot, and SP2 has polished the OS more. It's still a bit of a resource hog, but no-one's forcing anyone to use the OS at the end of the day...
Anyway, that's a bit off-topic....sounds like it was a good event - I'll have to try to look out for it next year!
As for how they behaved... completely unacceptable...

Soldato
Why should one guy suffer when the driver vendors are mainly to blame for Vista's poor first half year or so. Creative, Nvidia, ATI to name but a few were utterly useless, they are to blame more than anyone else.

Vista started out as a fine OS and still is even today since the drivers have now well matured enough for Windows 7 to comfortably slip into it's place. Had we received Windows 7 as a successor to XP, it would have undergone the same negative critisism.

Most people slagging Vista off haven't a clue and do it as mentioned because it's the cool thing to do. I recall MS dressing up Vista as an alternative looking OS at one point for a survey or something - and all the folks who used that OS 'loved the experience'. Just shows how clueless folk are.

Very good post, tbh i can't find anything i don't completely agree with in it.

Associate
thats unacceptable.

do me a favour and give you friend a slap, maybe he will learn some respect.

Even if I really hated vista I would still not do that, I have self respect and respect for others, especially if they hosted a superb night free of charge.

Caporegime
Sounds like such a fantastic event.
I'd love to go to something like that!

Microsoft are fantastic, they're not always 100% right about things, but in this day and age very few companies are. The hate they get is unjust and unjustified. I'm willing to bet the majority of people in that crowd were owners of an 360 and gamed on a Microsoft operating system, probably Vista.

Associate
Anyway I'm in heated debate with my friend who I went with .. he says Microsoft-guy deserved it totally because Vista was so useless and Microsoft are ****ers. He loved the fact it happened and the guy who didn't get to say a word was totally humiliated. It was the highlight of his night. He laughs when thinking about it.

he can go back to using his Mac then yea?

AMG

AMG

Soldato
Well I m going to back up what everyone said, but i m going to make it a lot more harsh, on the asses that did it.

They wanna be thankful to Microsoft THEIR EVENT OR NOT they still most likely played a major part in it (and did) and deserve respect. All so the people that booed and gave abuse or whatever to the rep really do need to get their pea brain heads sorted.... Why should that ONE person take a verbal battering just because of his employer ? its totaly out of order disrespectful, its sometimes makes me sick to be English, this is how the country is turning out to be :mad: becasue of the type of people, this sort of thing would be unthinkable years ago (before my time)

i bet they don't even know why they hate Microsoft, they just went cos its free and cos "its cool" to hate Microsoft.

OP give you friend a present from OCuk and that is a punch in the face for being so disrespectful, ethoir you or us :p I think he would perfer you rather than 800 or so people

on a good note it sounded like a great event sorry it was ruined by some low life scum :mad::(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom