Microsoft Live OneCare

Soldato
Hi,

Just wondered if this is one of those programs that goes into your PC and does 'speed' tweaks and stuff without asking you?

Also, can I turn off certain services within OneCare if I decide to get it?

Is it any good?

Thanks,
Craig.

Permabanned
Craig321 said:
Is it any good?

No.

It's terrible. First it took ages to install. Then nearly 2 hours to get my net programs allowed. I couldn't get Outlook into the Allowed Program list. If I added it, I got the following error:

"OneCare could not add the following program to it's allowed list. Currently OneCare does not support this method of policy change.

Microsoft Office Outlook"

I gave up in the end and uninstalled it.

But it wasn't done there - after telling it to uninstall it also took the following applications with it, that needed reinstalling.

Microsoft ActiveSync
SyncToy
Microsoft Publisher
IE Developer Tool bar.

Obviously rushed out of the factory with sloppy programming, in order to try and complete with Norton 360. Avoid.

Soldato
using it here on vista RC2 and not had a single problem with it apart from it often wants to change my network firewall to restrictive resulting in file sharing etc being block, but it hasn't done it in a while now.

failing that it's worked perfect on both my laptop and the pc, but if I was on XP i wouldn't use it tbh

Permabanned
I think you're right Gman - it seems foreign to XP. Very sluggish compared to other Live programs, Vista style menus that don't fit right with the XP theme, and then of course the odd behaviour with other Microsoft Applications.

Back
Top Bottom