Microsoft Press Conference Thoughts

Soldato
i remember the days when capcom said they would cross platform all of their games, must be ps1 days, it never happened

i wouldnt mind it happening

just aslong as you can select who you play against

may help games such as cod 2 increase their community

Soldato
Not sure I like it, but it's early days yet.
The whole reason of why I switched from pc gaming to the 360 in the first place was because of Live and the fact that I could play on a level field with no cheaters exploiters who commonly make pc games a bore.

Then again, there's a pc adaptor to allow pc gamers to use 360 controllers...

Associate
another good thing about this cross platform no one has mentioned yet is being able to set up dedicated servers for live player via a pc or hosting company, no more peer to peer for xbox owners, allowing more players in a live game instead of being limited to 16

Soldato
OP
theo said:
another good thing about this cross platform no one has mentioned yet is being able to set up dedicated servers for live player via a pc or hosting company, no more peer to peer for xbox owners, allowing more players in a live game instead of being limited to 16

Although, that does mean we may be left with tonnes of empty servers, but i do concur.. it should be a relatively good thing for hosted games.. maybe we wont keep getting cut off GRAW...

Associate
Smit said:
Wasn't there a DC game that was supposed to be able to play online with PC users with a little tweak? (I have no idea where I heard that from)

That is 100% true, the game was Quake 3. It was possible to downgrade the patch on your PC to an earlier version and install the DC maps. Used to annoy me as I used to play quake 3 a lot on PC and over the festive period my pc died. So i got hold of the DC quake 3 and played that online via the 28k modem. Was annoying when you come across some pc player wit a 30 ping. <shakes fist>

Soldato
well, is MS gonna give us console owners a keyboard and mouse that a lot of console fans have always wanted, does that then mean our consoles are computers. Maybe more pc owners would by a console if it had mouse and keyboard support. What ever happens it better be fair play for console owners

Zip

Zip

Soldato
McDaniel said:
your not forced to use the console for the FPS games, and some people may be more comfortable using a controller

I am one of those people who find the controller easyer to use.

I always mix up the keys with the keyboard :(

Associate
to use a keyboard and mouse properly with a console you would need a table, cant see many puttin one in the living room in front of the telly

part of the attraction of a console is the ability to slouch on a comfy chair with just a pad

Back
Top Bottom