• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Microsoft’s fix for Windows 10 gaming issues is coming soon

Soldato
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-for-windows-10-gaming-issues-is-coming-soon/

With the release of Windows 10's March 2021 updates and subsequent updates, some users have been experiencing performance issues when playing games. These gaming issues include decreased frame rate, stuttering in certain games, and flickering textures.

The problem was widely reported in March and NVIDIA had even recommended that users should remove the recent Windows 10 updates to resolve these issues in response.

In April, a server-side emergency patch was immediately issued by Microsoft in response to user complaints and the same fix is now included in July 2021 patch for Windows 10 version 21H1, 20H2, and version 2004. However, some users are still having issues, suggesting that the patch was incomplete.

Thankfully, Microsoft is testing another fix. In release notes of beta build 19043.1147, Microsoft has confirmed that it's working on a fix for an issue that prevents power plans and game mode from working, causing lower FPS and reduced performance for gamers.

"We fixed an issue that prevents power plans and Game Mode from working as expected. This results in lower frame rates and reduced performance while gaming," the company noted in the changelog.

In addition to gaming fix, Microsoft is also fixing an issue that causes the File Explorer window to lose focus when you are mapping a network drive.

These bug fixes will be released in the production channel as part of the upcoming optional update and August 2021 Patch Tuesday.

Soldato
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-for-windows-10-gaming-issues-is-coming-soon/

With the release of Windows 10's March 2021 updates and subsequent updates, some users have been experiencing performance issues when playing games. These gaming issues include decreased frame rate, stuttering in certain games, and flickering textures.

The problem was widely reported in March and NVIDIA had even recommended that users should remove the recent Windows 10 updates to resolve these issues in response.

In April, a server-side emergency patch was immediately issued by Microsoft in response to user complaints and the same fix is now included in July 2021 patch for Windows 10 version 21H1, 20H2, and version 2004. However, some users are still having issues, suggesting that the patch was incomplete.

Thankfully, Microsoft is testing another fix. In release notes of beta build 19043.1147, Microsoft has confirmed that it's working on a fix for an issue that prevents power plans and game mode from working, causing lower FPS and reduced performance for gamers.

"We fixed an issue that prevents power plans and Game Mode from working as expected. This results in lower frame rates and reduced performance while gaming," the company noted in the changelog.

In addition to gaming fix, Microsoft is also fixing an issue that causes the File Explorer window to lose focus when you are mapping a network drive.

These bug fixes will be released in the production channel as part of the upcoming optional update and August 2021 Patch Tuesday.
I've been having a few issues in certain games but I had no idea that this wasn't fixed and that the power plans and game mode were not working correctly.

Associate
MS aren't stupid. They are many things, but stupid isn't one of them. Windows 11 will not tank your gaming performance, no matter what.

There's no way around it hypervisor + vbs = large performance drop
its a vm..

you can try it on windows 10 its there already just not enabled by default

Permabanned
its a vm..

Plenty of people have used it said it runs as well as, if not better in most cases. You are talking about this huge company (who own Xbox) like they dont know what they are doing. If you had taken 30 seconds of your time to look into it instead of making baseless claims...

https://www.techspot.com/article/2278-windows-11-benchmark/

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
people have tested windows 11 v 10 and it seems margin of error differences, sure its not the "retail" version but i cant see ms butchering gaming especially the way they are pushing the game pass.

str

str

Soldato
Thanks for this.

I had limited my GPU to 80% power to prevent this issue from potentially killing it but having read this thread it occurred to me that reducing the Power Options -> Maximum processor state would be a better solution.

I changed it to 95% and the issue is resolved.

ealfmfM.png

I could post the use of a specific benchmark to reliable reproduce this issue but I wouldn't advise anyone to intentionally cause it without knowing the weakest components on your graphics card won't go up in smoke especially with older cards like the 980 TI.

Man of Honour
Isn't it great to have operating systems that forces updates on you, like my PC is a ******* iphone or some ****

Take control back then. I have been using Sledgehammer, formerly WUMT (Windows Update Mini Tool) for a couple of years now so no more forced Windows updates for me. I have had zero problems with using it and it has saved me from any probelmatic Windows updates. I update Windows 10 when I want to now which is usually a month or so or after a problem update is "fixed". I still do urgent updates when I hear of them but feature updates especially only get installed after they have been problem free for a couple of months.

Soldato
margin of difference because they are the same os underneath, 11 is not a new version. its 10 rebadged and with a new ui....
Windows 11 is as much as new version as 7 was, which was a glorified Vista SP3 with a new UI (and yet is considered to be the best version of Windows ever by many). Every consumer version of Windows since the DOS to NT switchover has just built on the previous one. Some changes bigger than others (like the switch from XDDM to WDDM), but you only need to open the Device Manager, for example, to be presented with something that hasn't changed in a couple of decades. Hell, dig deep enough and there's still stuff dating back to Windows 3.1 hiding away.

3115zj82.png

Windows is a mess under the hood, and it's never going to change unless there's a clean break with (native) Win32 support.

Soldato
its a vm..

Hopefully they will have improved it in Windows 11 so that it doesn't tank performance in certain games unlike Windows 10. They are making a lot of changes to the internals of the OS in Windows 11.

Back
Top Bottom