Midweek Football Thread. Champions League. 15-16 *spoliers*

Caporegime
After the first 15 minutes or so I switched over to Real Madrid, 3 goals in the first half. Wolfsburg are doing very well too, they're 2-0 against CSKA Moscow.

Hah! What a stupid question... " is it important for United to win their first champions league game?"

No, of course not, they were hoping for a loss or a draw and that would see them happy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hah! What a stupid question... " is it important for United to win their first champions league game?"

No, of course not, they were hoping for a loss or a draw and that would see them happy.

it isnt that important if you have a derby on the weekend.

Caporegime
it isnt that important if you have a derby on the weekend.

Doesn't look like Man U are going to score more than a goal anyway. I've not seen much shooting going on, or many chances. But then I've been flipping through the other 7 matches. Chelsea game has been quite good, the Real Madrid match has been really entertaining, so has Wolfsburg.

Soldato
Anyone else see a laser being shone on the pitch at Besiktas?

I'm going to assume it's some local idiot from the fact that it only seems to happen when United are in or near their opponents' penalty area.

Caporegime
Anyone else see a laser being shone on the pitch at Besiktas?

I'm going to assume it's some local idiot from the fact that it only seems to happen when United are in or near their opponents' penalty area.

They mentioned it earlier in the match but I didn't catch what it was about sorry. Btw, congrats, Scholes just scored. :p

Soldato
god kalou doesn't have a footballing brain at all :rolleyes: really hope joe cole or sturridge come on in his place.

Edit: nvm beletti came on for him as I typed that.

Soldato
Job done. 3 points.

Besiktas, well, I think they'll struggle. They held their own for most of the match but never looked close to scoring, sadly. And a load of draws probably won't be enough.

What an utterly dross match though, boring boring.

Caporegime
Job done but a dull match tonight. Knew as soon as Fergie went with 1 up front that nothing was going to happen until Berb came on. Why Fergie keeps dropping him I'll never know.

Soldato
3 points at last!

The two english champions league games were terrible, here's hoping for a better show tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just watch the Inter Vs. Barca game.

Associate
It's sad how SAF keeps talking the talk regarding "MUFC has to play a certain way, to be attacking etc" but he doesn't back it up.
I can understand the need for caution in some games but it's become so common these past few years to see us play like that against really poor opposition..

Back
Top Bottom