Midweek Football Thread. Champions League. 15-16 *spoliers*

Caporegime
Agree with DM in saying that Diaby has been woeful of late, he had that good game where he scored 2 and ever since it's just been dire from him. Rosicky can make a huge difference in games and now that he's fit let's play him instead of wrapping him up in cotton wool. He's there to be used, so let's use him, he's got one powerful shot that's for sure, I'd put his shooting to somewhere just under Arshavin.

While I do blame Clichy for giving away the ball for, was it two of the goals at City, he was trying to fill a void by Diaby. Diaby didn't run up the left wing at all in that game, didn't run into the box, there was just no support at all, so CLichy decided to try to run up the left wing to get attacks going, commendable, yet Diaby still didn't support him and didn't drop back in to left back to cover. For the goal where Richards was up against Song Diaby was walking back, he's fast had he run full pace he could easily have at least put him under pressure for the cross. He's a lazy twit, his two goals were completely made by other peoples fantastic play, good finishes, nothing special but completely unmarked due to his late "jog" into the box. Since then he's done nothing to push us forwards, or defend. Wilshire/Ramsey/Eboue/Mannone would have done a better job since the Pompie game for us.

Diaby will probably play and tbh, due to quality of the opposition it won't be a problem hell he might even play well, doesn't matter he's shown time and time again against even average opposition let alone the top half, he's useless. Same goes for several other starters at the club. We should be seeing players like Wilshire and Ramsey start these smaller games, getting experience and time on the pitch, improving and gelling with the squad, but as with the past 3 years, our youth players barely get a look in past the cup no one cares about :(

Soldato
Diaby has all the talent in the world he's just wildly inconsistent for some odd reason. He wouldn't be near the starting XI if Arsenal didn't have 10 injuries at any given time, alas, they always seem to have an outrageous amount on injuries. I thought it was bad luck for a while but now I think it's just bad planning from Wenger, more players were needed, this squad is full of porcelain players.

Soldato
Hmmm...

Can't seem to think of a decent accumulator tonight..

Really not convinced with a winner for Barca v Inter and Lyon v Fiorentina...

Draws?

also i daren't put newcastle on to win.............AGAIN :)

Soldato
Hmmm...

Can't seem to think of a decent accumulator tonight..

Really not convinced with a winner for Barca v Inter and Lyon v Fiorentina...

Draws?

also i daren't put newcastle on to win.............AGAIN :)

Why not? They're playing well enough! Blackpool aren't terrible but it'll be 0-1 or 0-2.

Are Debrecen as bad as the bookies make out? Liverpool are 1/10 :eek:

Don
Same 11 as the weekend for us:
-------------Reina
-Johnson-Carra-Skrtel-Insua
-------------Lucas
--Benayoun-Gerrard-Riera
----------Kuyt-Torres

Soldato
One reason why I wont think we will win the World Cup is because of Rooneys antics, I know he wants to win all the time but you have to have composer, players and the crowd will wind him up, looked what happened to Zindane in the World Cup final.

Where did this post come from? All the talk is about tonight's games then boosh! an unrelated thread about Rooney and the World Cup next summer. What you've just said there could be applied to Torres and other strikers featuring in the World Cup. Zidane just thought he would end his career with a piece of skill never seen before on a football pitch.

Rooney has a lot more composure than people give him credit for, it's when he is played up front alone and players are pinging the ball up towards him with no support I'd be worried that he'd kick out but seeing as Capello has always played someone with him up front I don't see that happening very often. You say you don't think England will win the World Cup because of his antics, the only chance you have of winning the World Cup is everything else he is about as a player.

Soldato
C'mon the Gers :D :D :D

Well we have a big blow with David Weir missing and Lee McCulloch filling in at CB tonight but hopefully we can cope tonight.

4-1-4-1 saw us well in the UEFA cup run and hopefully we can secure a draw or even sneak a win.

I think mendes will be a huge player tonight if he is afforded more time on the ball unlike in the SPL :)

Associate
Arsenal 2-0 down within 4 mins :eek:

Not seen a decent replay so not sure whether it was an actual penalty or not but that doesn't change the result.

Back
Top Bottom