might have written off my car

Caporegime
OP
well, i got a quote back from garage a, they are saying at least £1000 to put my car right, using 2nd hand parts!

cant really afford that kind of outlay on top of the other guy's motor. so i have had to give in and call my insurance who contacted a local center who have towed my car away, minus the pioneer HU which i pulled out just in time!

ive been going round totally mortified these last couple of days. it really makes u think long and hard about all kinds of stuff, what if's and all that. but it really does pay to drive carefully at all times and take care of yourself and your car because u never know when one or the other might end up on the scrapheap!

Associate
mate you have my sympathy.... i have been sorting insurance and police statements and hospital visits for the inlaws since last tuesday. and its no fun...no fun at all. :(

Suspended
Nickg said:
well we both checked the front and he didnt seem to have any damage, he deffo hit the car in front, and his towbar did the damage (other guy stopped but had nowt wrong so didnt wait around and left us to swap details)

Im sorry but there is no way in hell i would believe it, how in the hell can you cause damage to his radiator/intercooler without causing significant damage to his bumper/grill etc?

Something fishy it you ask me!

I rear ended a metro once due to a tractor with no lights on a dark road, the metro was a write off as it had no back end left but the golf only needed a new bonnet, wing, bumper and light. The metro had a towbar (even though it hasnt the power to use it) and even with the damage my rad was fine.

Did you take the car you hit details? and the details of the guy with the towbar?

Caporegime
OP
jus gt a call from the garage!

they are going to fix her up!! at a cost of £1700 to my insurance company they have decided to fix and not write it off!

to say im pleased would be a massive understatement!

get her back on the 31st Aug, and a courtesy car as of tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom