The Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

01.jpg

Package Contents:
Mouse
Manual
Weights
Weight storage box
Weight carrier
NO Driver cd those these are probably best downloaded to make sure you have the latest version.

Now onto the mouse, Mainly images for now because I haven't really gamed too much with it as yet.
What can I say and where do I start. I know its only a mouse but from the minute I unpacked I was please with my purchase. The build quality is to the expected level from Logitech.
It feels nice to the touch and has a similar coating to the G5 but a little more tactile. Much nicer IMHO.

02.jpg

Its has more buttons than the G5 and also a natty little feature to switch from a 'notched' scroll wheel to a 'friction' non click wheel. For weapon selection in game I would recommend the notched wheel as the friction mode seems to just spin and spin. Also the G500 has a rubber ring on aluminium scroll wheel for those sweaty gaming sessions or that 'Sticky Finger' moment ;)

05.jpg

The button just below the scroll wheel is what's used to change from Notch to friction.

The feet are black nut they are Teflon which makes for a smooth feel on most surfaces.
03.jpg

Also good to still see the 'String/Cord' effect wire too, much prefer this to the rubber/plastic wires often found on mice, also the lead is a bloody long one as always too.

06.jpg

I no longer have a G5 so cant give you a direct size comparison but one things for sure, its not small. Image below is comparing the size to the Microsoft Sidewinder Gaming mouse which feels huge but the G500 does not feel too big, its the right size with all the right bits. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase and am looking forward to a good gaming session later.

07.jpg

Definitely the best Logitech mouse to date IMHO and I would highly recommend one to anyone who takes their gaming seriously.

To buy one, check out the OcUK store page here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-176-LG&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1257

You will not regret it for sure :cool: ;) :)

Anyway, as I said its a mini review but I just wanted to try and address the various questions I found when I searched for this mouse on these forums. Any questions then please fire away.

Please Note: Image quality sucks because I do not currently have a digital camera so had to take these with my SE phone :p

Associate
Hey thanks for the review.

I'd be considering one of these but only if it exceeds my cherished MX518 in terms of accuracy, hand grip, grip against surface, weight, feel of finish (non slip) and scroller sensitivity. These were all of the things I found to be absolutely perfect on the MX518, and felt weren't quite the same (or better) on the G5. Got a G5 too but it's sitting aside like the neglected sibling ;p

Anyone who has tried both the MX518 and the new G500 - comparisons please?

Back
Top Bottom