Mister FPGA

Soldato
update_all only grabs arcade roms, for other systems like nes etc you will need to supply your own roms.

You can set up the mister the offical way and then use ftp to copy the update_all script over and run it.

Soldato
I decided to finally order the parts for a MiSTer build after seeing some impressive progress on the Playstation core! I received all the parts yesterday. I have managed to try out a few of the cores, really impressed so far.

@Metalface Mark - I take it those CSP cores are only available to Jotego Patreon subsribers? I might have to sign up, I am interested in trying The Punisher and AvP.

Soldato
OP
I decided to finally order the parts for a MiSTer build after seeing some impressive progress on the Playstation core! I received all the parts yesterday. I have managed to try out a few of the cores, really impressed so far.

@Metalface Mark - I take it those CSP cores are only available to Jotego Patreon subsribers? I might have to sign up, I am interested in trying The Punisher and AvP.

Yeah, you need to be a sub to get the cores, they will come out on full release for everyone though if you can hang on a bit.

Soldato

Wait how did you get that background? I just have the fuzzy screen one.

Soldato
OP
Great new arcade cores today from Jotego - Xmen Children of the Atom, Vampire Hunter, Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom and Dimahoo - all cps2 cores.

Also good work on the saturn core this week, looking very promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLZJ9FLhSUw

Quite possible this year we will have fully functioning Playstation and Saturn cores which is really exciting.

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw that Saturn video earlier, pretty amazing progress made in a short amount of time!

Cool CPS2 releases, I really need to sign up to Jotego's patreon.

Associate
Bumped into this very cool add-on tonight; MiSTer MT32-Pi Hat (although appears to be out of stock atm).

Using a Raspberry Pi 3 or above it adds Roland MT-32 emulation via the RPi to 'improve' the accuracy of MT-32 emulation. For cores that support external MIDI support, so Ao486, Amiga or Atari ST. Appears to need the Input I/O board for the I/O port.

A few videos on Youtube of it in action, but did initially find it via this one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3baTI0Xlm8

Soldato
OP
Bumped into this very cool add-on tonight; MiSTer MT32-Pi Hat (although appears to be out of stock atm).

Using a Raspberry Pi 3 or above it adds Roland MT-32 emulation via the RPi to 'improve' the accuracy of MT-32 emulation. For cores that support external MIDI support, so Ao486, Amiga or Atari ST. Appears to need the Input I/O board for the I/O port.

A few videos on Youtube of it in action, but did initially find it via this one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3baTI0Xlm8

He did have stock on friday, ive ordered one.

Associate
He did have stock on friday, ive ordered one.

Cool. Yea I'm sure he'll have stock in soon, just sold out for now.

I only just got around to running the update_all script on mine over the weekend. Which kinda shows how successful my initial setup was but also I've probably been neglecting my MiSTer a bit.

I haven't used the AO486 core at all so it was quite interesting last night seeing this eXoFlynn's 300 game pack. Makes me think I do need to spend some time with the this core at some point.

Also from what I remember the Amiga had very few games that used MIDI hardware?

Soldato
OP
Cool. Yea I'm sure he'll have stock in soon, just sold out for now.

I only just got around to running the update_all script on mine over the weekend. Which kinda shows how successful my initial setup was but also I've probably been neglecting my MiSTer a bit.

I haven't used the AO486 core at all so it was quite interesting last night seeing this eXoFlynn's 300 game pack. Makes me think I do need to spend some time with the this core at some point.

Also from what I remember the Amiga had very few games that used MIDI hardware?

Yeah, i read that some ST and Amiga games used midi, i got it mainly for the PC stuff, i bought a second mister today which i think ill keep mainly for PC stuff.

Back
Top Bottom