1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsi Evo 8

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Dr Who, 26 Feb 2006.

1. Dr Who

Sgarrista

Discovered that for what I will pay for an Evo6 in Cyprus I can get a pretty nice Evo8 in the uk, run it for 6 months in the UK (wife driving it) and then import it to Cyprus free of all duty...

This is the car I have found that looks about right for my needs, any comments?

Gonna be a pig to insure as its Uxbridge, ungaraged, wife with 0 no claims and a claim this year, her fault, but it will still work out cheaper than trying to get a decent one in Cyprus I think...

:cool:

2. TripleT

Sgarrista

I hate you... ;)

Bike engined 7 and an Evo8... Not to mention that you now live in bloody Cyprus :mad:

:p

3. Ev0

Capodecina

That's "only" the Evo 260, down in power from the "normal" evos and has a few less bits on it (5 instead of 6 speed box, no large spoiler etc).

4. great advice

Mobster

Not a bad car :D

Pretty pants as a daily driver though - no creature comforts : if your not gunna get any track time in its best just going for a scooby or something, it will be slower round a track but easier to live with day to day.

The Air Con is pants on them, took mine back to the dealership 3 times thinking it didnt work properly. they said it was fine and they are all like that - its true :D it Hardly does anything lol

Its missing a gear and a few horses though, id look for atleast an FQ300. It also doesnt have the carbon fibre of better models (it sold new for less than £20k)

Dont need me to tell you its a hoot to drive though, i dont think anyone will ever disagree :)

5. Trickle

Wise Guy

I'd sooner have an evo6 than an evo8 260. Having said that, I wouldnt want to pay quite as much for the older evo6 as the nearly new 8 260.

6. great advice

Mobster

Yes the 6 will be faster, its meant to be the best handling out of the lot :) it bulked up for the 7 and later.

7. Dr Who

Sgarrista

Its an Evo 8 GSR not 260, why would you say it was a 260 when the ad says GSR with 6 speed manual?

I am confused now... the GSR came with 6 speed box and Enkei 6 spoke 17's?

:confused:

8. Ev0

Capodecina

Link won't work for me now but from looking at the pictures it looked like the 260 with the small spoiler, the 260 also does have those wheels.

If it's a full fat 8 then yeah it isn't too bad :)

9. Dr Who

Sgarrista

And work in Egypt

Life's a bitch

:D

10. Dr Who

Sgarrista

Thats what the ad from the dealer says, but the spoiler is suspect I agree...

:(

11. Ev0

Capodecina

Plus they didn't call it a GSR in the uk, they were MRXXX etc at that time, I thought?

12. great advice

Mobster

The Evo 6 was sold as a GSR. im sure it was!

13. Ev0

Capodecina

Yup it was, but I'm talking about the Evo 8 in the ad :)

I could well be wrong, but by the price and the pictures it does look like a 260, same wheels (although these could be the same on all of them that age for all I know!) and spoiler.

Still a nice car though, I'd love one.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2006
  14. great advice

Mobster

Yeah they where the MR260, then FQ300 and so on. That was the 7 and 8, you can only get FQ's on the 9 iirc.

15. Dr Who

Sgarrista

The MR was the model that followed the GSR... The GSR only came in late 2003, then 2004 introduced the MR and Evo 8 260..

That was the spoiler change from the Evo 8 GSR to the MR... so summat is amiss

:D

Last edited: 26 Feb 2006
  16. Cryfreeman

Mobster

The 260 isnt a MR version as far as i am aware,no alloy roof,billies,mr cams or mr engine, its also 70kg heavier than the mr version.

rev limit with clutch depressed as welll which gives it bit of a slow 0-60 :)

17. Oracle

Banned

Agree, that spoiler is not right. The smaller rear spoilers were applied to the lesser spec Evos, so you may need to clarify what exactly is going on here!

18. bingham67

Soldato

I envy you what a sweet car :)