Mitsubishi Carisma

Associate
anyone know where i can get a 1997,8,9 mitsubishi carisma (japanese stlye) 1.8GLX GDI from :confused:

i've been looking for ages and i just cant fine any decent ones, the only ones i can find are either silver or they're the dutch shape which looks somewhat gay (for want of a better word).

my best m8's talked me into getting one as i can not only get insurance on one for less then my fiesta but also because it shares the same platform as the Evolution VI and has very good handeling, has most of the toys (sunroof, ABS, CL, EW ect.. ) and i can pick one up for about £1K because they look utter pants.

Soldato
I dont think at that age it will be the same platform as the Evo VI, more likely the Evo II or III. Im not sure on the accuracy of this but I think the Evolutions have only been around for about 10 years.

Associate
OP
Dandle said:
I dont think at that age it will be the same platform as the Evo VI, more likely the Evo II or III. Im not sure on the accuracy of this but I think the Evolutions have only been around for about 10 years.

trust me, they are the same
Japanese 1997~1999 carisma
carisma-2-05.jpg

1999 Evo VI (Built on the Japanese Carisma)
Mitsubishi%20Lancer%20EVO%20VI%20010.jpg

Carisma (dutch version) 1999 ~ 2003
mitsubishi_carisma_800x600_1.jpg

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
AFAIK Japanese Carismas were sold only for two years between 96 and 97, and they were the same dutch platform, in LX and LS trim, in sedan version, with jap spec GDI engines and with different grille and bumpers.
mitsubishi_carisma_14035.jpg

Mitsubishi had something called Carisma GT but it was effectively Evo being passed as stock car for international races.

Man of Honour
Very good handling? You are taking the mick, right?

They are dire - near bottom of the class.

Uninspiring with lifeless steering and safe, predictable handling – hardly involving; unsettled ride.

If you want a car of this type that handles well the choice is clear, you want a Ford Mondeo, a Peugeot 406 or a Nissan Primera in that order. The Carisma was an embarrasment for Mitsubishi.

If you want a big Mitsubishi the Galant is so much better it's just on a completely different level - a properly decent car. Shame they didn't sell many

Soldato
Thats a fair point they are supposably very boring and lifeless to drive. I would imagine you would be spending a fair amount on it to try and improve the handling and feel. Plus you may well find the Evo although using the same platform had a beefed up chassis.

You may be better off buying a better car to start with or save up and just buy an Evo.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
If you want a big Mitsubishi the Galant is so much better it's just on a completely different level - a properly decent car. Shame they didn't sell many

Mitsubishi insisted on selling low japanese spec Galants in UK, to save on conversions, so we ended up with models equipped in quick but thirsty engines for what effectively was a proposal for executive fleet. Obviously that didn't sell well. In Europe the ******** had full GDI spectre and diesel versions of Galant and it sold fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom