1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixers < £200

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Mister_Pister, 13 Jan 2006.

1. Mister_Pister

Wise Guy

Does anyone have any good mixer recommendations for less then 200 quid? Im looking at the numark digital range which seem cool but a bit put off witht he 2 channels. Also how exactly would the usb connection work with a pc? Ideally id like to have 3 channels... Some of the behringers seem tempting but ive not heard great reviews

2. Fusion

Capodecina

3. Mister_Pister

Wise Guy

basic is certainly true. Id want it to try and learn some scratching on too so xfader curve adjust is reasonably imporant too

4. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Whatever you do end up buying, try to avoid Numark (and Behringer, KAM, Gemini) unless you want sound leakage, if you can cobble together another 95 quid, go for the Technics SHEX1200, if not, go for that vestax up above.

5. Mister_Pister

Wise Guy

how do you mean sound leakage?

6. Zaf

Soldato

Nothing wrong with Gemini!!! I would avoid Numark, Kam and Citronic tho Vertax is your best matey

7. Mister_Pister

Wise Guy

it does seem tempting although my desk space atm is pretty limited, looks like a bit of a beast! No fx or anything either :(

8. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Crossfader all the way over to one channel and you can still hear the other channel.

9. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Gemini .. the Goodmans of the DJ world, cheap nasty rubbish that has no business in any DJ's setup.

10. agw_01

Capodecina

Sorry to take over your thread Mister... but I'm getting some decks and a mixer tomorrow.

A Numark mixer and KAM decks... I'm a total n00b when it comes to mixing vinyl. Would you say this stuff is sufficient for someone just starting out with DJ'ing?

11. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

I've never touched a Numark mixer but I did once have the misfortune of trying to show someone how to mix on a set of nasty KAM decks, halfway through tracks they'd either lose or gain speed for a second or two.

I went the whole hog when I started (spent about £1500 including a wedge on Final Scratch), luckily I've since upgraded my speakers and realised that having a subwoofer below the decks only made my life harder

[​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Jan 2006
  12. HamZilla

Wise Guy

Stanton is good midrange, not too expensive and quality is not shabby either.

13. Hedge

Capodecina

i would recommend the behringer mixes, i dont agree on sound leakage about them, ive had mine for a couple of years with no problems, the eqs have a great range and can make for smooth mixes.

for the price u cant go wrong

the vmx-300 can be had for 95 quid now, i paid 150 for mine and its still running fine. great mixers, with kill switches, curve adjustment, 3 channels and great eqs.

on a budget these beat numark etc

edit: but obviously if u want better quality vestax are the best mixers in the business and ebay is probably your best bet for a bargain. look for an ebay shop called array systems

14. benneh

Sgarrista

What style of music are you playing?, are you planning to scratch?.

I'm a scratch dj btw hehe :)

Edit, im a practising scratch dj...

15. benneh

Sgarrista

Not by a long shot dude, rane + ecler both produce superior mixers. Well, rane definately.

16. agw_01

Capodecina

Cheers for that. So you wouldn't even recommend them for a beginner? I'm getting them very cheap :)

Lovely setup btw. Are they 1210's? My mate just got some Mk2's in silver... bloody lovely!

17. benneh

Sgarrista

Your decks are the wrong way round btw Cuchulain, should look more like this:

[​IMG]

:p

P.s, i'd stay away from them agw, i had the misfortune of owning a pair of kams and a pair of citronics, they were both big abortions. What model is the mixer?.

18. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

I'm not a scratching man so battle positions just annoying for me ;)

agw - they're 1210 mk 5's with a Pioneer DJM500 mixer (wanted the 600 but there's a limit to my mrs's patience)

19. agw_01

Capodecina

Oops too late :( Went to pick them up today. For the price, I really couldn't resist. Under £100 for everything you see there.

[​IMG]

Set up on my bed until I move into my garage :rolleyes:

I've got a hell of a lot to learn though. Been tinkering for an hour and I'm already getting frustrated with my non-existent mixing skills :D

The mixer is a Numark DM950. Only thing I don't like about it is the lack of a cue feature... i.e. to hear one channel in one ear and the other channel in the other.

20. Grrrrr

Soldato

Bullet in the gun :( i hate that song!

:p