Mk4 Astra SXi info please!

Soldato
OP
Yeah the cambelt got done in 04, hasnt reached 40k yet.

Picking it up saturday, looking to get silver dash/speedo rings/spoiler off the bay for cheap before it comes.

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
The 40,000 mile service is a major service and this came to about £300.

The dealer service, at least in Broadstairs, was very good too. Check your brake pads, brake discs and wheel bearings as these often need doing at 40,000 miles too

Hmm, how come you went to broadstairs for the service? I usually take my vaux down to Perrys outside Canterbury. Have you had some bad experiences with them? (My service is coming up :rolleyes: )

Soldato
Chris1712 said:
Yeah the cambelt got done in 04, hasnt reached 40k yet.

Picking it up saturday, looking to get silver dash/speedo rings/spoiler off the bay for cheap before it comes.

Cool! It's every 40,000 miles or 4 years so you won't need to do it for some time yet now!

leaskovski said:
Hmm, how come you went to broadstairs for the service? I usually take my vaux down to Perrys outside Canterbury. Have you had some bad experiences with them? (My service is coming up :rolleyes: )

I went to Broadstairs as the Broadstairs dealership was a two minute walk from where I worked - this meant that I could drop it off on the way to work and pick it up on the way back without needing a Courtesy car, making it easier :)

I've never been to the one just outside Canterbury so I don't know what it's like

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Chris1712 said:
yeah7tc.jpg

Anyone got info on getting the screen/wheel controls to work with a pioneer hu......

Gorgeous looking Astra, congrats and welcome to the club :)

Getting the HU to work with the steering controls you'll need both the pioneer radio adapter and vauxhall stereo adapter from here

Dont forget to check out http://www.astra-sport.co.uk either!!

Enjoy

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Although about as relevent to the discussion on whether buying a 1.8 SXi is a good ideas it would be had you walked into a 'BMW 316 compact, does it suck' thread with 'My M3 CSL is amazing'.

Hardly, considering the GSI was less than 3k more than the SXI new. :rolleyes: btw you forgot to mention Mondeo in your post so i'll do it for you.

Man of Honour
Lord-Jaffa said:
Hardly, considering the GSI was less than 3k more than the SXI new. :rolleyes: btw you forgot to mention Mondeo in your post so i'll do it for you.

I don't really care if they were the same price, they are different cars with different characteristics - he isn't buying a GSi so performance of the GSi is of no relevance to him becuase it isn't anything like that of the SXi.

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
Nope - they're non-standard Vauxhall specific connectors

You'll need to get an adaptor from somewhere like Halfords

Well my MKIV 1.8 Sport had ISO connectors.. just took the old head unit out, and fitted a Kenwood with Steering controls/display box, all hooked up nicely..

Should be fine..

Soldato
There are 3 ISO blocks on the Mk4. The usual 2 and one for the steering controls/cd changer/display. Although the main 2 are standard ISO connections, the 12v live and ignition powers are the wrong way round so you will either need an adaptor or to somehow swap them around.

Soldato
OP
adwhitworth said:
There are 3 ISO blocks on the Mk4. The usual 2 and one for the steering controls/cd changer/display. Although the main 2 are standard ISO connections, the 12v live and ignition powers are the wrong way round so you will either need an adaptor or to somehow swap them around.

Yeah just found this out on astra-sport, have to modify my home made wiring harness, should be no problem.

Back
Top Bottom