MK5 Golf GTi low oil pressure warning

Soldato
Get the pressure checked on a gauge again . When it's at its hottest . Under load if possible although that can be a bit trickier

If it's well within spec then it's the sensor or wiring . See if there's any common issues to your model with this. For example MK2 golfs the buzzer for the circuit in the clocks used to short and set the buzzer off no matter what the pressure.

If the pressure is too low on the gauge then you can consider thicker oil but it does mean somethings worn. Although could be something non catastrophic. Eg I've had an oil filter with the relief valve stuck open before .

Associate
Hi all.
Been scratching my head over and over again with this issue.
Low oil pressure warning (red flashing light)
I've recently had over £2000 of repairs done to my Mk5 GTi.
Along with the repairs that were needed I've also had the oil pick up pipe replaced, sump cleaned out, oil pressure switch replaced.
Whilst it was stripped the technician also inspected the oil pump and balance shaft and my main end bearings and everything was perfectly ok with them.
After I had the pick up pipe replaced sump cleaned and pressure switch replaced I'm still getting the low pressure warning after the car has warmed up.
I'm at a loss now I've spent a small fortune on this car and I can't seem to fix the low pressure issue.
Any advise? Maybe use a thicker oil it's currently got 5w30 in, would you recommend using 5w40 or even 10w40?
Also I have had 3 oil pressure tests carried out and my engine if producing the right amount of pressure.
Many thanks in advance

Have you managed to sort this??? Im going through the same issues ‍♂️ absolute nightnare

Associate
OP
Hi bud.

I didn't ever manage to sort it ended up getting rid of the car was causing me way to much grief and costing and absolute fortune to keep putting right.

The car ended up being one issue after another.

Really do hope you manage to sort you issue out though and don't have the same issues I had.

Associate
Can you imagine i have the same problem.?
Everything is shifting fine they literally replaced the following parts:
-Oil Pump
-Oil Sensor
-Oil Itself
-Oil Valve Filter

And some other parts so to say the whole OIL set has been installed newly and yet i have the same issue 100km driven and the warning popped up AGAIN,

I have seriously no clue is there seriously no one that can tell us what causes this problem cause i seriously love my car...

Back
Top Bottom