MMA fighting in the UK

Soldato
Cemetery said:
Closest thing I am aware of is UFC which gets played on Bravo on I think Saturday nights.

whats up with you mate, on the old forums you were chief spammer, 5000 of posts over ~4 years is a joke :(

Permabanned
LOL Goatboy I've seen him fight on Eurosport at k1 gp I think it was before. Yeah the blokes comedy doing his dances and dressing up, really adds something to the whole showmanship aspect of the sport.

If I was his opponent though that would really wind me up it would just encourage me to whoop him

Associate
cage rage and cagewarriors are the two top UK Promotions. they do well as they get many overseas stars to come and fight over here. Renato Sobral fought a lot in the UK before he got asked back to the UFC. Theres another Cage Rage show coming up soon @wembley arena

Soldato
Goatboy said:

I've seen Genki a few times in the UFC and his entrances are superb, although he's not the best fighter I've seen.

I also like Pride, but it just doesn't get the coverage it deserves in this country, hence the reason why the UFC is becoming bigger and bigger, because of the Bravo coverage.

Soldato
Big Kev said:
I also like Pride, but it just doesn't get the coverage it deserves in this country, hence the reason why the UFC is becoming bigger and bigger, because of the Bravo coverage.

Couldnt agree with you more on that one. PRIDE deserves the coverage, especially the grand prix :cool: probably the best MMA tournament in the world imo.

Man of Honour
Just been reading up on MMA after seeing some Mauricio shogun vids... can't believe no one's been seriously injured or killed in the official fights....some of the stomps on head things he do look awful...

Do people recover quickly after this kind of thing?

Soldato
panthro said:
Couldnt agree with you more on that one. PRIDE deserves the coverage, especially the grand prix :cool: probably the best MMA tournament in the world imo.

Pride is becoming more popular steadily though, its a lot different to UFC, pretty sure Pride is primarily ran by Yakuza though

Edit : however the yakuza thing might just be a rumour i heard :)

Associate
Not watched Pride for ages coverage is too poor, guessing that will change now UFC have acquired it. I've been watching UFC for quite some time and have a good collection right back to UFC1.

Bravo have done well keeping UFC in the mainstream hopefully they'll keep the rights for broadcasting in the UK for free

Soldato
Anyone going to UFC 72 in Belfast next weekend? I'm going, 3rd row tickets and I've just seen the latest lineup and its much better than it was listed a few weeks ago.

There is going to be some great fights with Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Jason MacDonald, Ed Herman, and Tyson Griffin all fighting.

Oh and that clown Marcus Davis is fighting to. I hope he gets a good hiding.

Does anyone know if Sky Sports is showing any live Cage Rage events soon? The last one on Sky Sports was pretty good to watch.

Soldato
Scream said:
Anyone going to UFC 72 in Belfast next weekend? I'm going, 3rd row tickets and I've just seen the latest lineup and its much better than it was listed a few weeks ago.

There is going to be some great fights with Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Jason MacDonald, Ed Herman, and Tyson Griffin all fighting.

Oh and that clown Marcus Davis is fighting to. I hope he gets a good hiding.

Does anyone know if Sky Sports is showing any live Cage Rage events soon? The last one on Sky Sports was pretty good to watch.

I'm not that impressed by the UFC 72 card tbh, no title fights for a start.
But since it's in NI, I'm not that surprised.

UFC 73 however is stacked. 4 awesome matches:

Anderson Silva vs. Nathan Marquardt (Title fight)
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Heath Herring
-Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans
-Sean Sherk vs. Hermes Franca (Title fight)

UFC 75 in London is looking like it could be good. The main fight will be Rampage vs. Dan Henderson. Plus Cro Cop is due to fight again. Might get tickets if they're not too pricey! :D

Associate
i work with a former British Thai boxing champ who now runs his own MMA gym in Cambridge, very nice guy except in the ring.
MMA is getting more popular, The Pride and K1 stuff is by far the best, the UFC is a little bit too WWF overthetop.

Caporegime
Im not really a fan of UFC or Cage Rage. Like K-1 and PRIDE more.

Semmy Schilt is a machine.

*Note song that starts at 2:45 has some swearing in*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeLWgS7o6IM&mode=related&search=

Though Hong-Man Choi isnt the nicest person to be in the ring with. :eek:

I seen a K1 fight where he was Vs a guy who as like under 6ft probaiblly like 5ft 5in and the first thing he did was knee this guy in the head and he cracked him wide open.

Permabanned
Azza said:
Im not really a fan of UFC or Cage Rage. Like K-1 and PRIDE more.

Semmy Schilt is a machine.

*Note song that starts at 2:45 has some swearing in*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeLWgS7o6IM&mode=related&search=

Though Hong-Man Choi isnt the nicest person to be in the ring with. :eek:

I seen a K1 fight where he was Vs a guy who as like under 6ft probaiblly like 5ft 5in and the first thing he did was knee this guy in the head and he cracked him wide open.

Choi is a freak with little skill in my opinion. If it wasn't for his size he would be a nobody.

Here's how you chop down a giant: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/mo+choi/video/x1d6kc_hongman-choi-vs-mighty-mo

Back
Top Bottom