MMA fighting in the UK

Associate
Hero's is worth a look too. It gets next to no coverage in the UK which is a real shame considering the scale of the events. Hero's is run by the owners of K-1.

They have some reasonably big-name fighters, Genki Sudo, Don Frye, Heath Herring, Semmy Schilt, to name a few. Melvin Manhoef's a regular name on their fightcards. Quite a few lesser-known-outside-of-japan, Japanese fighters too - Hideo Tokoro & Kid Yamamoto.

They just did an event in the USA, Dynamite USA which smashed (i.e. doubled and then some) the UFC's attendance record which was just over 19,000 (compared to Dynamite USA's 43,000).

The only real problem is they don't have an english website so their events can be hard to track down.

Soldato
georges said:
Holy ****
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3398283118407687720&q=Fedor

How the hell did he not break his back, 0:59.

It was crushed!

Superb, Fedor is the best there is at the moment, he can be hit, he can be kicked, he is often cut, but he can knock you out or submit you in the blink of an eye and just won't give up, an awesome fighter and I just wish Pride would get more coverage, so everyone can see this great man in action.

Soldato
Big Kev said:
Superb, Fedor is the best there is at the moment, he can be hit, he can be kicked, he is often cut, but he can knock you out or submit you in the blink of an eye and just won't give up, an awesome fighter and I just wish Pride would get more coverage, so everyone can see this great man in action.
Mark Hunt nearly had him though, that Kimura would have made 99% of fighters tap out. I'm not entirely sure the man even feels pain!
I'm positive he can be beaten, but it'll take someone with an absolutely perfect fight strategy and they'll have to be on the form of their life.

Soldato
mcwildcard said:
Mark Hunt nearly had him though, that Kimura would have made 99% of fighters tap out. I'm not entirely sure the man even feels pain!
I'm positive he can be beaten, but it'll take someone with an absolutely perfect fight strategy and they'll have to be on the form of their life.

After all the recent results in the UFC and people like Wanderlei being spanked a couple of times recently, I think everyone can be beaten, but as you said, it would take someone right on the ball at the right time to do it, I just don't know who.

Soldato
I do think Fedor has flaws when on the ground but like you said kev, it only takes a second for him to turn a bad situation for him into a bad situation for his opponent.

I would love to see Fedor take on Randy Couture and Randy took him to the ground, so he would really be tested as you can't get much better than randy when it goes to the ground but if Fedor gets on top of you when on the ground, you might as well tap.

I would really love to see Fedor give Rampage a damn good hiding depite the weight class difference for Rampage was a right miserable and arrogant idiot in Belfast on Satuarday. The guy's head is too far up his ass and got a nice collection of amusing abuse through back at him :D

Out of all the fighters there on Satuarday like Bisping, Couture etc, Rampage angered many fans.

Soldato
Big Kev said:
After all the recent results in the UFC and people like Wanderlei being spanked a couple of times recently, I think everyone can be beaten, but as you said, it would take someone right on the ball at the right time to do it, I just don't know who.
I think CroCop could do it, but he would really have to impose himself on the fight, unlike last time when he spent the entire time on the back foot. If Mirko could get over his fear of Fedor, then I think it would be a real 50/50 match to end all matches.

Soldato
Fedor did say his fight with Mirko was his toughest, and it went to points. Fedor almost lost it against a Japanese fighter (I think, can't remember his name); he took a punch to the head and his legs went wobbly big time, he had to cling on to stay up. Of course, he went on to win :). Also, the power Fedor gets into his punches when on the floor is impressive.

Caporegime
big ponces (fedor and cro cop). Randy is a true champion. Bring back Don Fry!!!

sorry should expand. watched UFC 13, 14 and 15 in the last couple of nights.

Randy showed why he is a hall of famer. and tank abbot was there in the heavy weight championship match. he blew himself out again - but i dont think he could be any other way. still at least he showed up for the fight.

Last edited:
Soldato
molinari said:
Fedor did say his fight with Mirko was his toughest, and it went to points. Fedor almost lost it against a Japanese fighter (I think, can't remember his name); he took a punch to the head and his legs went wobbly big time, he had to cling on to stay up. Of course, he went on to win :). Also, the power Fedor gets into his punches when on the floor is impressive.

That was against Fujita, who is one of the hardest punchers around.

Considering Fedor completely dominated Marc Coleman on two separate occasions, Fujita (great wrestler), Noguera twice (best heavyweight ground fighter probably), I have no doubts that Fedor could completely dominate Randy Couture.

I think the only way to beat Fedor is via a fluke knock-out. I don't think he can actually be submitted. The ref would have to stop the fight once one of his limbs actually became separated :p

Soldato
Raider said:
I think the only way to beat Fedor is via a fluke knock-out. I don't think he can actually be submitted. The ref would have to stop the fight once one of his limbs actually became separated :p
I agree, I get the feeling Fedor would rather have his arm/leg broken than tap out, but then that is unlikely to ever happen because fighters generally stop twisting/pulling further when they get to the point where a breakage is about to occur.
Another possible weakness would be a solid liver-kick, it doesn't matter how strong you are, if one of those lands perfectly the pain is utterly debilitating.

AAARGH!! I want to see a CroCop vs Fedor rematch dammit!!
Been waiting way too long already :mad:

Caporegime
The next 3 UFC events are seriously looking tasty.

73' Silva, Sherk, Ortiz, Nogueira, Florian

74' Couture, Gonzaga, Georges St Pierre, Sanchez, Stephenson

75' Jackson, Henderson, Bisping ( Rumours are that it'll be against Hamill )

Looking bright, and exciting :)

Soldato
Big Kev said:
I'm a big Cro Cop fan as well, but after his loss, it'll be interesting to see how he comes back after such a beating.
Same as he did before, more focused and more determined.
He's going to retire soon, that's pretty clear, but he's at his most dangerous when he's got nothing to lose.
I just hope he gets to fight Fedor again before his career ends.

Soldato
mcwildcard said:
Same as he did before, more focused and more determined.
He's going to retire soon, that's pretty clear, but he's at his most dangerous when he's got nothing to lose.
I just hope he gets to fight Fedor again before his career ends.

But there's a big difference between losing to Fedor or Mark Hunt and Gonzaga, I've not seen the same Cro Cop in the cage as I did in the ring, where he used to regularly beat world class opponents.

I think he'd have to get a few more fights under his belt in the UFC before he could even attempt to take on Fedor again and would that be in the ring or cage, I've not heard Fedor stating that he'd go for a cage fight.

Soldato
Big Kev said:
But there's a big difference between losing to Fedor or Mark Hunt and Gonzaga, I've not seen the same Cro Cop in the cage as I did in the ring, where he used to regularly beat world class opponents.

I think he'd have to get a few more fights under his belt in the UFC before he could even attempt to take on Fedor again and would that be in the ring or cage, I've not heard Fedor stating that he'd go for a cage fight.

Odds on Fedor will be staying with BoDog for the time being. He gets offered big money over there, and everybody knows he's the best, so what does he have to prove?

Personally the one guy I REALLY want to see him fight is Josh Barnett. It's a shame that didn't happen before Pride went bye bye :(

Back
Top Bottom