MMA fighting in the UK

Caporegime
ive started to watch a lot of the earlier pride stuff lately - and im much more impressed than i am with older UFC's!

only thing is that at the time they thought Mirko was unbeatable stating that there was no-one on the planet who could beat him. thing is he cant really punch very well and i think it was a fight with Mark Hunt - where Hunt beats him it showed that if you can take a kick or two then you can take Cro-Cop.

I think Wanderlei is past his best now - which is why he has gone to UFC and ultimately why he has lost. In the same vein that Belfort was such a talent when he came onto the scene in the early UFC 's beating Tank Abbot and others. now he isnt a patch on his former self - but he was great once.

i prefer Pride's "Action" calls, and the card system, i also think it is better to restart in the center given their ring/ring format, as in the UFC you see an opponent shuffling their foe into the side of the octagon to crank their neck or something tight on the caging.

i hope that the UFC doesnt ruin the "pomp" of the Pride championship, or devalue it too much by recruiting all of its best fighters (i believe Shogun is due to fight UFC in October?). we shall see.

Caporegime
Nickg said:
ive started to watch a lot of the earlier pride stuff lately - and im much more impressed than i am with older UFC's!

only thing is that at the time they thought Mirko was unbeatable stating that there was no-one on the planet who could beat him. thing is he cant really punch very well and i think it was a fight with Mark Hunt - where Hunt beats him it showed that if you can take a kick or two then you can take Cro-Cop.

I think Wanderlei is past his best now - which is why he has gone to UFC and ultimately why he has lost. In the same vein that Belfort was such a talent when he came onto the scene in the early UFC 's beating Tank Abbot and others. now he isnt a patch on his former self - but he was great once.

i prefer Pride's "Action" calls, and the card system, i also think it is better to restart in the center given their ring/ring format, as in the UFC you see an opponent shuffling their foe into the side of the octagon to crank their neck or something tight on the caging.

i hope that the UFC doesnt ruin the "pomp" of the Pride championship, or devalue it too much by recruiting all of its best fighters (i believe Shogun is due to fight UFC in October?). we shall see.

UFC have released the '66 card, and Shogun is fighting Griffin - late september.

Back
Top Bottom