Mmmm...Steak!!

Soldato
If it's Sirloin I would only give it about 2 minutes each side. A nice Sirlion doesn't really need much in the way of added flavour, if you do want sauce just go for a small amount on the side.

Associate
Depends on the thickeness and quality but the best thing to do with a fat fillet steak is:

A smear of oil in the pan and get it very hot.

Seal both sides, then get the tongs and seal the edges.

Cook for a minute each side, leave to rest for about 6-10 minutes then another minute or two on each side.

Perfect!

Man of Honour
OP
oh um, what I did was to cook it on ultra high heat for about 15 seconds, then turn it over. Then turn the heat down and turn over 10 minutes.

With mash, peppercorn sauce and fried asparagus :D yum!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Johanson said:
Two words: George Foreman

I dont care what anyone says, you could run a restaurant with one of those. Honest.

Sure, if you want to remove anything resembling flavour from the meat....

Steak should only be cooked one way - barely. Crushed black pepper, maybe a bit of pressed garlic. Introduce it briefly to a griddle pan and serve.

*Slurp*

Man of Honour
MATTeL said:
8 minutes cooking time? :eek:

Well if you like eating charcoal I guess that is up to you! ;)
Thought it was likely to be rump. 8 minutes is about right for that, leaves it at medium.

I like meat cooked. Steak should be at least medium.

Associate
get some garlic, mushrooms, red onion, red peppers, steak 'medallions' - small(ish) pieces, that are really really thick... oh and some fresh cream... and not forgetting a generous amount of freshly ground sea salt and black peppercorns... oh and some olive oil.

hack up the mushrooms, onion and peppers into decent sized chunks - fry these off with olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper...

push to the side of the pan and turn the heat up onto full bore... when the pan is mega hot, sling in the steak for a couple of minutes and then turn... then wait for another couple of minutes...

then stir back in all the vege's... cook for another couple of mins and then sling in some cream and just simmer for a little while...

serve with a fresh salad and some new potatoes... awesome!

makes the beans on toast i had for tea tonight seem really crap!

Soldato
We had fillet steak for Mother's Day tea. It was gorgeous, even if I do say so myself (I cooked it :p )

I brush the grill pan and steak with a little olive oil, and heat up the pan until it's super dooper hot. I then sear the steak on both sides for about 15 seconds per side to keep all the moisture in. The heat is then turned down to half, and the steak cooked (depending on thickness) for about 3-4 minutes per side (depending upon thickness), turning once. Should be dark with grill pan lines on the outside, and pink in the middle.

It then gets left to rest on a plate for a couple of minutes to allow it to settle and reabsorb all the juices.

Soldato
I had a steak for lunch.

Hot frying pan with a little veg oil (olive oil isn't as good with high temperatures) cook the steak for 2 minutes per side then rest for 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile add a little butter to the pan and throw in some sliced mushrooms. Serve with some nice crusty white bread (not buttered) to soak the juices from the meat.

Mmmm

Associate
Only thing I ever put on steak is garlic salt, no idea how long it takes because I can 'finger test' it.

Stop sniggering at the back.

Back
Top Bottom