MMO's - Whats coming?

Man of Honour
The nearest thing would be Star Wars Galaxies and that was a pile of steaming turd...

SWG was very good (before the add ons and simplifications), but still boring after a time, as at the end of the day it was not fps. It did some of the things I want but not in enough detail.

it's not that I want something that isn't a mmo. A mmo is many different things. it's just what I want hasn't been created yet.

However Inifinity and Jumpgate, look like they could be the start of what I will consider decent MMOs

Last edited:
Associate
Earthrise, Everquest: Next, FF14 are all on my radar.

However right now i'm playing LOTRO and Vanguard and I can't see ANYTHING pulling me away from these two for quite some time, perhaps when Vanguard inevitably gets closed down then i'll move on or I may just put all my eggs in one basket.

Soldato
I remember seeing a preview video on Vanguard, I was so pleased with what they were saying. When beta hit I was gutted, it was terrible, even for a beta.

Guild Wars 2 is sounding good, hope it delivers, tried to play GW1 the other day, but I've just done it all to death. =/

Soldato
Oizu, is the flying mount quest still ridiculously hard in Vanguard? If I had a permanent flying mount I'd never leave, but renting the damn things and flying as far as possible in the 5 minutes or so was painful :)

Soldato
Well I did say "most" people wouldnt cope, rather than "all" people wouldnt cope. :D

(most people wouldnt cope because of such things as no quests, no l33t "purple" items, no raiding, no instancing etc, not just the things like losing your gear on death and being pked etc , so many people seem to get terribly lost and confused if they arent told what to do and are required to set their own agendas. (one of the reasons I think why theme park mmos are more popular than sandbox mmos))

Yeah I know several thousand arent enough to make a modern MMO viable, but like I say, just several thousand would be enough for me. Thats pretty much all I play with on Daoc and thats the most MMO fun I have currently, so its more than enough for me in a potential UO2. :)

try Darkfall, or even better, wait until Darkfall 2010 has been released, huge update in the works.

Soldato
Just give me planetside 2 or something like it set in the modern day.

Battlefield as a MMOFPS would be good, but it needs a tactical element like Planetside or tribes 2 had.

I used to love flying a galaxy and dropping troops, Or even a loadstar and creating a forward base.
I miss complex shooters, everythings just killstreaks and K/D these days. Planetside always had fun things to do, even BFRs didnt kill it for me for quiet some time.

Associate
I like the look of TERA.

Tera Does infact look very interesting. I do hope there's plenty opportunity for PVP as actually having to aim would really put some skill into PVP, and hopefully the option to go into enemy territor causing havoc like rifting in Aion.

[Edit] I've answered some of the my questions after some searching and it does sound promising:
Other features include an extensive guild system, with guild housing and guild vs. guild battles, a deep political system, six player races, eight player classes (playable by all races), extensive PvP which includes battle grounds, duels and PvP servers and a level cap of 60 at launch.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd like to see Stargate Worlds, though its likely that it will be canned if i hasn't already.

A remake of UO, with the sheep shearing bit left in. thats sheep shearing! :eek:

Jumpgate

Eve Online with walking about bits in it.

Soldato
OP
I'd like to see Stargate Worlds, though its likely that it will be canned if i hasn't already.

A remake of UO, with the sheep shearing bit left in. thats sheep shearing! :eek:

Jumpgate

Eve Online with walking about bits in it.

Roll on jumpgate!

Stargate worlds is totally dead, we had a pretty big guild ready to go in that!

Now look at the forums:

www.stargateworlds.com

Back
Top Bottom