Mobile Me

Associate
OP
Thanks guys for all the information, i think the find my phone feature would be great however I do not recall ever having lost or misplaced my phone (touch wood).

However, would like some clarification that it will work on any network, currently using t-mobile....

Thanks

Soldato
Is there a more trustworthy site with news on if mobileme is going to become free???

Cant see them making it free to be honest... but i am more than happy to eat my words if they do :p Why would they make it free? and what will they do for the people who have recently paid good money for the service ???

Soldato
It seems the rumour has come from some people claiming their status has changed from 'individual' to 'full member' however my status has always said full member and the image below from 2008 confirms its nothing new.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/mobileme-software-available-right-now/1962

I think the people that are claiming their expired accounts have been reactivated for free are just lying.

I wouldnt be suprised if they did do some sort of lite service for free though - maybe just bookmark / contact syncing and a small idisk as you can get that level of service for free elsewhere.

Permabanned
I've had it for almost a year now and I will not be renewing.

Don't bother, go with Google instead for push email/synced contacts/calendar. It's a lot better.

The MobileMe website is crap, the web email is so much worse than Google it's incredibly archaic. If you are on Windows the iDisk only seems to allow you to upload via the web which is also pants.

Better off with a free Dropbox account for 2Gb storage (same as iDisk and implemented way better)

It's a poor service even if it was free, but nope they have the nerve to charge money. Find my iPhone is the only feature other websites can't offer and do better. I don't think it's that useful.

Edit: Heh going free, about time... I've already made the switch to Google and Dropbox for my email/contacts/calendar syncing and file storage though. Much prefer it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've had it for almost a year now and I will not be renewing.

Don't bother, go with Google instead for push email/synced contacts/calendar. It's a lot better.

The MobileMe website is crap, the web email is so much worse than Google it's incredibly archaic. If you are on Windows the iDisk only seems to allow you to upload via the web which is also pants.

Better off with a free Dropbox account for 2Gb storage (same as iDisk and implemented way better)

It's a poor service even if it was free, but nope they have the nerve to charge money. Find my iPhone is the only feature other websites can't offer and do better. I don't think it's that useful.

Edit: Heh going free, about time... I've already made the switch to Google and Dropbox for my email/contacts/calendar syncing and file storage though. Much prefer it.

The only thing i'd like it for is to track my iPad in case it got lost.

Soldato
The MobileMe website is crap, the web email is so much worse than Google it's incredibly archaic.

The mail side of things is getting an update (in beta at the moment and it is looking rather nice)

My iDisk has upto 20Gb, not sure if you meant to miss the 0 out :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

mobileMe can't locate your iphone if someone restores the device though can it? Or turns the setting off?

Thats the only issue with it. You'd have to hope some moron steals your phone in order to get it back through that means.

You can remote lock or wipe the handset from the me.com website, so they can't access your pictures / emails / contacts.

It's not going to stop the scum from wiping the phone, but at least if you lock it you have satisfaction that they can't get to your personal information and it may even give you enough time to track the device.

Soldato
The find my iPhone feature is nice. but I hope I never have to use it :p

Although... I could by an iPhone for some one and track them around the city... Mwuhahah send them messages saying I can seem them on a certain street :p

Soldato
mobileMe can't locate your iphone if someone restores the device though can it? Or turns the setting off?

Thats the only issue with it. You'd have to hope some moron steals your phone in order to get it back through that means.

They cant change the settings or connect it to iTunes if you have the pin lock on though.

Back
Top Bottom