Mobile Me

Soldato
You can, just plug it in and click restore and *poof* goes your data and they have a new clean iPhone.

No you can't - if it's PIN locked then you need to unlock it before iTunes will talk to it. Although thinking about it I'm pretty sure it only does this if it's not the copy of iTunes that it's synced with, so it's quite likely that you will have never noticed.

Last edited:
Soldato
No you can't - if it's PIN locked then you need to unlock it before iTunes will talk to it. Although thinking about it I'm pretty sure it only does this if it's not the copy of iTunes that it's synced with, so it's quite likely that you will have never noticed.

No - it does this regardless - it has to be unlocked - it would make the pin pointless otherwise.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

no news on this becomming free then ?

looks as though they were talking balls.

Most announcements like this come later in the WWDC week. Sometimes even shortly after.

Safari 5 is a good example.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Couple of questions regards Mobile Me. Just looking at it now for use with PC and Ipad.
Ignoring the free rumour for now, as I have already signed for the free trial, can I still use the retail packs that can be had off 'that auction site'?

Also, notice Google is mentioned. I looked at this but could not find an easy way to keep contacts synced between PC, Google and Ipad?

Andrew

Soldato
Couple of questions regards Mobile Me. Just looking at it now for use with PC and Ipad.
Ignoring the free rumour for now, as I have already signed for the free trial, can I still use the retail packs that can be had off 'that auction site'?

Yes but make sure its from a seller with high feedback as there are a lot of dodgy codes on Ebay.

CEX used to sell the proper pack quite cheap......

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Thanks.
Not heard of CEX before - assume as you suggested them they are good to deal with? Ever bought other goods? Seem to have some decent Macbooks too!

Seem to have quite a few shops too.

Soldato
Thanks.
Not heard of CEX before - assume as you suggested them they are good to deal with? Ever bought other goods? Seem to have some decent Macbooks too!

Seem to have quite a few shops too.

They are basically a pawn shop but the mobileme codes they sell are the proper sealed Apple boxed codes so you cant really go wrong.

Never bought anything else there though.

Soldato
What is the email like on @me.com?
Does it have any spam fighters at all? Is it very fast (In comparison to GMail or Hotmail)?

Soldato
What is the email like on @me.com?
Does it have any spam fighters at all? Is it very fast (In comparison to GMail or Hotmail)?

I love it...

The new mail has gone live... I would suggest that you get a trial account and just give it a go... Had it for a couple of months now (full sub) and its fast, reliant and you can have aliases (which is nice)

Soldato
I love it...

The new mail has gone live... I would suggest that you get a trial account and just give it a go... Had it for a couple of months now (full sub) and its fast, reliant and you can have aliases (which is nice)

Thanks - I think I might give the trial a go :)

Soldato
been signed up to me.com for about a month i think and had zero spam, just email i no about which is great, checked my old hotmail account the other day and apart from 1 email from an old friend i had 230 spam emails in the junk folder lol

Back
Top Bottom