Mobile Me

Soldato
been signed up to me.com for about a month i think and had zero spam, just email i no about which is great, checked my old hotmail account the other day and apart from 1 email from an old friend i had 230 spam emails in the junk folder lol

Well one reason I'm considering getting a me.com account is for the email - I've recently been getting quite a lot of junk on my hotmail account. Plus I like the idea of having [email protected] :)

Soldato
I to have had no junk email, only mail which I have signed up to...

It is good having a spam alias for those sites which you will only ever visit once but require you to register... if you start getting spam, just delete the alias and move onto a new one

Soldato
I've been using MobileMe since launch, it wasn't great at first even Apple admit that but the service since then has really developed and improved. The latest update to the layout of me.com and the new mail is fantastic, I also think me.com has become quicker at loading and switching between apps. I've also have never had any Junk email.

Last edited:
Soldato
What do you mean by 'alias' :p

You have you main login email address i.e [email protected]

and then you can have aliases such as

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

You can have up to 5 aliases and all of the emails from those accounts will go into you inbox (you can colour code the emails so you know which account it has come from). When you start getting too much spam in one of the aliases, just delete it and create a new one i.e. delete [email protected] and create [email protected]

Easy peasy!

It allows you to keep your email address private especially when crappy companies insist you give them an email address!!

Soldato

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

You can have up to 5 aliases and all of the emails from those accounts will go into you inbox (you can colour code the emails so you know which account it has come from). When you start getting too much spam in one of the aliases, just delete it and create a new one i.e. delete [email protected] and create [email protected]

Easy peasy!

It allows you to keep your email address private especially when crappy companies insist you give them an email address!!

Wow that's a great idea!

Can you have, for example, your main address as [email protected]

And then have different alias such as:

[email protected]

Or would it need to be:

[email protected]

?

Soldato

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Easy peasy!

You can do this with google mail without limits.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Don't forget you can also use @mac.com, if you think @me.com is too "ooo look at me"

I never use my me address :p

Associate
I have been using MobileMe for a year now, and I have to say it is great, especially the extra iPhone features they chuck in, find my iphone and remote lock/wipe.

Calendars, push email, contact syncing. All great with your iPhone and PC. I have to say it's more favoured to mac though, with the mail app as they are both the same type of app on the iPhone and Mac.

Give it a try, you most probably won't be disappointed.

Soldato
Just been on the web based because I got email about how they had changed it.

The new design is very much like the design of Mail on the iPad. :D

There is a tool bar on the top which lets you switch to iDisk and the other Apps and to create a new mail and so on. ;)

screenshot20100618at181.png

Last edited:
Commissario
I've had the new mail beta for a while, one of the best features is the server side rules. It means I can set rules to move things into folders and they appear there on my iPad/iPhone without having to be moved by the client on my Mac. Very useful.

Soldato
Jesus is taking there time with my MobileMe order :( ordered ages ago and still nothing had a shipping email about a week ago, have to wait 28 days to make a complaint and get my money back If it doesn't show up

Edit sods law in it, mobileme just came through the post, code was put in fine but it still says its on a trail in account settings, will it kick in when it runs out and then change the status of the account ????

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question to those who have mobile me...

Is there a way of uploading photos via iPhoto to the iDIsk gallery in a low quality format? I don't really want to be storing 6-13 mb photos as lower mb photos would suffice....

Help appreciated

Back
Top Bottom