Mobo & upgrade advice

Associate
Hey guys,

I'm at this stage where I can do a few upgrades but unsure where to go. My mobo is getting old so I suspect it might not be able to handle newer ram or graphics card or cpu but am not knowledgeable enough.

Here are my current specs :

Intel i5 - 2500k [email protected] (but it was OC)
Geforce gtx 960
Asus p8z68-v pro
8gb ram ddr3 @824

Got a great monitor now so what would be the best upgrade here? Mobo is 2011!

Thanks
E

Associate
Hi

Looking at your spec if you want to upgrade you will be looking at nearly new build, Amd or intel but you need to let as know what is that your current pc don't do and what you want from new one.

Associate
OP
Hi, thanks, I game a lot and most games run smoothly at medium, but large multipayer games will start struggling on good graphics.
That's the thing I know the setup is old now, but it runs okay. I'd like it to run better and future proof I guess?

Soldato
What games do you play online ?

What Res is your monitor ?

Rule of thumb is GPU always gives highest increase in FPS was well as prettiness . Bit ifnyour playing games like assassin's creed orgins or BFV/COD BO4 then threads started to count .
If your playing arma atc then it's all about the core speed more then anything

Associate
OP
I've got a ultra wide-screen LG 25" 2560x1080, am I making good use of it ? Is my gpu starting to outpace the mobo or cpu?

As for games I'd say in no particular order bf, cod, pubg, overwatch, the division.... Red dead redemption hopefully one day :)

Last edited:
Associate
I have a similar system to yours, except running a gtx 670ftw and 32" monitor and I'm planning an upgrade with a budget of between 400-500.

Selling parts, I'm looking at going for a Ryzen 2600, B350/B450 motherboard, RAM and second hand GTX 1060 6gb

Back
Top Bottom