Modding my case a little ?

Soldato
Hay all.

I was thinking of removing the side fans as i am not sure if that makes cooling worst as it disrupts air flow coming from the front of the case ?

If i do remove them then i would replace the fan grill with Plexiglas.

Then use the 3 fans and place them in the front for more air coming in or cut a hole in the top and place them there.

I do have 4 120mm fans at the front already but was thinking of putting one at the top instead of the the 3 little ones as there a lot longer.

Thanks for any advice :D

Last edited:
Associate
4 120's in the front ??? how are they positioned ? + you could have one big window by cutting down and just get a peace of acrylic cut to that size and bobs your uncle... :)

Soldato
Rear exhaust mesh is way too restrictive, you should make 12cm hole and use normal finger guard.
And you should add good exhaust to above expansion cards because that's where heat tends to collect otherwise.

Soldato
IMO the whole 'side panel fans disrupt airflow' is a mute point, most of the time it just seems to lower temps well:)

Soldato
OP
4 120's in the front ??? how are they positioned ? + you could have one big window by cutting down and just get a peace of acrylic cut to that size and bobs your uncle... :)

The case come with 120mm fan holder for slotting into drive bays

The other 3 i used cable ties and mounted 2 blowing air for cpu and 2 for gpu mite be a bit ott but my temps seem ok :)

I did try and use my good paint skills to show what i mean.

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Ok i taken the side fan off but left the grill bit there for now but i will use that when putting the fan on top of the case.

This is the fan and sort of where i want to put it.

I got hold of a dremel so i can start cutting in the morning :)

Any advice would be great thanks.

Soldato
OP
I did not use the 80mm fans in the end anyways.

I put 120mm fan at the top and got rid of the back grill.

I going to have to hold off any more modding until i move as there not enough space in the flat to do stuff as i want spray the case black as well :)

I did take pics of what i have done so far buy my gf lent out our camera :(

Back
Top Bottom