• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
EV8b5SH.png
Monte Carlo
When was the track built?
In 1215, sort of – that’s when Monaco was first established as a colony of Genoa.

When was its first Grand Prix?
It was 1929 when racing engines first reverberated around the Principality, after cigarette manufacturer Antony Noghes decided to organise a race with his pals from the Automobile Club de Monaco. The race was part of the calendar in the first year of the Formula 1 World Championship in 1950, and hasn’t been off it since 1955.

What’s the circuit like?
Incredibly narrow and totally iconic. Nelson Piquet memorably described driving around Monaco as “like riding a bicycle around your living room”… which is fair. Despite that, it’s a challenge that nearly all drivers love, forcing them to put their skills on the line and rewarding millimetric accuracy. Overtaking on the tight streets is harder, however, with the 2003 Grand Prix witnessing a grand total of zero passing moves!

TV Times
Sky:
ewOjAwG.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 8pm
Sun - Race Highlights 6.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
kxE2O4d.png

Weather Forecast
p9sossW.png

2019 Race highlights

WDC Standings
RPLNjcd.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
YP2x37q.png

Practice 1
hK4H8Ak.png

Practice 2
jDwdUpE.png

Practice 3
xGXGCDX.png

Qualifying
qZQv72u.png

Race
pHiJBOG.png

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks @Shimmy :)

A bit of a bogey track for Hamilton and Verstappen. The risk of contact could be high for this race, lets see how long it takes for Verstappen to do his usual lunge.

Caporegime
A bit of a bogey track for Hamilton and Verstappen. The risk of contact could be high for this race, lets see how long it takes for Verstappen to do his usual lunge.

Not sure I'd describe 3 race wins as a "bogey track", but maybe it is by Lewis's standards. Leclerc, on the other hand, has never finished a race at Monaco in either F1 or F2.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Will Russell keep his cool and finally get some points this weekend?!

Would love to see Lando on the podium, but Ric made some progress on him last race so we might see the McLarens fighting each other. Leclerc should go well too if he also keeps his cool.

Man of Honour
Nice work Shimmy, as always.

For me Monaco is the race to visit, not the race to see a great race. I have never been to the race, though I was lucky enough to drive the circuit in 2008 (when open) but I can imagine how the closeness makes it very special. Like a less posh Birmingham Super Prix I guess :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Might stick £20 on Mazepin to win.

by win, I of course mean spin ;)

Man of Honour
This race will tell us a lot. If Mercedes are at the front then the season is effectively done.

Of course the lace could swing enough to put Mercedes a few places back, but equally Max is known to touch the wall here and he has more pressure on him than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom