Money for Uni.. How much?

Associate
I would advise you to save, just so you can party tho

I went to uni with just my loan every term = £3000 odd

Due to my constant partying I'm now £1000 into my overdraft however i'm just going to work off over the summer.

Luckily I love my job which is really just a gateway to more partying.

I should be back to £0 by September

Soldato
I went to uni with my last weekly pay packet, which was around 100 quid.

Had a 1000£ OD, and my student loan. Loan covered accomodation and left me around 300 quid, and I had no probs going in to my overdraft (hell its interest free, and if I needed to pay it off i'd have no probs earning the cash over the summer in a job)...

Was spending around 50 quid a day for a while, getting leathered all the time and eating out... and was soon skint. Was still surviving though on about 25 a week :o...

Ended up moving back home as I crashed my car and was only around 20 miles away anyway (so just commute)... way better off cash wise now, but still in my overdraft and pretty much spent my student loan :o ... can't help it really though as I had to pay the first term and half accomodation so that ate a lot up.

Just take it as it comes m8 :)... I was stupid in the first few weeks, you can have fun and not spend that much (hell its 1.50 a pint in our SU)... have fun for the first week, and then curb your cash down to a reasonable level, and tbh you shouldn't need to get ajob :)

Back
Top Bottom