Monitor cleaning

Associate
Water!?!? someone was trying to be helpful and cleaned my old LCD TV years back with water and a cloth - rest assured it killed the screen with water damage. You can get specific monitor wipes? Bit like what they use on glasses - quick Google should suffice

Associate
OP
Water!?!? someone was trying to be helpful and cleaned my old LCD TV years back with water and a cloth - rest assured it killed the screen with water damage. You can get specific monitor wipes? Bit like what they use on glasses - quick Google should suffice

When i said water i meant a damp microfiber cloth

Soldato
Clean microfibre cloth, make it ever so slightly damp. Wipe monitor, dry with clean dry cloth. Done.

Done it for years, never had a problem.

Associate
Oh if using water please Dont use regular tapwater = small scratches as it's filled with minerals. Only use distilled, or just some special monitor clening as ppl said

And never anything else besides microfiber cloth, and you should be fine!

Associate
"*Does not include a mom."

Knew this product was a meme, might grab some next time I make an order as I'm sick of buying wipes that I go through in like a month ><

Soldato
Ok so this is my best way.

Grab a baby wipe, run it under the tap and squeeze it over and over again until you can be sure that the stuff they wet it with is out and replaced with water.

Squeeze the wipe out so that it's almost dry.

Wipe the screen of the monitor in up and down motions starting from one side to the other back back and forth until you know that the screen is clean.

Right after the wiping when the screen is still slightly damp wipe it dry with a lint free cloth. You don't have to press hard. It's important you do this before the water drys as this will leave it streaky.

I have spent years buying and trying out the best way to clean monitors and TVs. I've spent countless money on different wipes and "magic" screen cleaners.

Nothing works better than this and it works fine on any screen type. LCD to OLED.

Give it a try

Associate
Ecomoist Natural Screen Cleaner just looked bought my 250ml bottle 20/07/18 and its about 1/4 left in the bottle.

Few people on here have suggested it in the past.

I've been using this stuff for over a year now.

Everything else i seem to use tend to leave white streaks

Back
Top Bottom