Monitor Decision

Associate
Hello everyone,

I am lost when it comes to finding a new monitor, and because a thunderfly decided to die right in the middle (slightly to the right of crosshairs in game:mad:) of the screen, I would like to purchase a new one.

I would like a monitor anywhere from 22inches+, suitable for gaming, an hdmi input and dvi, 1920 by 1200 res, and a better quality panel than a TN one..

I don't want to spend more than £250-£400

Any help is appreciated :)

Soldato
Good call on sticking with non-TN, imho its a very good basis to start from.

With this in mind, this is a truly fantastic monitor and excellent for gaming, it uses an eIPS panel. But for your requirements it may too small/low resolution and lacks an HMDI port alongside the DVI (though the DVI can be converted to an HDMI with a cheap adapter with no quality loss).

This monitor has not been released yet, but it looks very promising. It uses an IPS panel, is 1920x1080 res and 23 inches. However, it does not come with HDMI, but instead diplayport - which is technically better, but is not yet supported by many Blu-Ray player or graphics cards. If you plan to go for this one, I suggest waiting for some reviews to see how well it fares in games.

Finally, this HP and this Dell are worth a look. They are over your budget, but in my mind they are among the finest consumer monitors available. The both use the same H-IPS panel and look fantastic, they are 1920x1200 res and have more inputs than you need. Of the two I would chose the Dell as it has a dedicated "gamer mode" for better speed in games, it comes pre-calibrated and is backed up by a fantastic dell warranty.

Back
Top Bottom