Monitor Turns Black, 100% Fan Speed.

Associate
I'm pretty much new to the whole PC scene in terms of actually solving issues. I've learnt a somewhat of an amount to figure out what may or may not be causing issues. Anyway. The last several months I have been having an issue where my screen will turn black and then a second later my PC fans sound like they boot to 100% speed. I have only ever let it run like this for several minutes and it stays like this the whole time. The only time it will stop is when I completely shut down the system. I have been told it could be one of two things. It's either the GPU or the CPU, however I haven't gotten any further than that information. I haven't had this before and therefore don't know what I am suppose to do, what it is nor how to deal with it. I was told to check my temps to see if any issue was arising because of overheating and to be honest I don't even know what I'm looking for. This is a screenshot of my temps and RPM https://imgur.com/a/xL6Dz6c
I don't know if this is helpful but I will leave it just in case. My PC consists of the following: 1080 8GB, 16GB RAM, MSI Z270 Gaming M5 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard.

Also I have remembered as well. I have been having an issue where the screen would freeze and then I would see a message at the bottom right telling me that the display driver had crashed and restored. This happens constantly but is random. I don't know if this would have any relevance with my main topic issue. I have the newest version of driver and I was told it was a Geforce issue with their driver and updating should correct it as it was probably a fault on their end, however this doesn't seem to be the case. I'd like to thank anyone who happens to help resolve my issues or at least attempts to help me as it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Latest build? All I know to tell you is that it's W8.1, lol. Sorry I'm so ******* useless. DDU is that to hopefully resolve my display crash?

its a step, ideal world your meant to run it everytime your about to install a new gpu driver update. 90% dont, normally only when the change from nvidia to amd or vise versa .
sometimes updates upon updates and cause issues. this clears everythign and starts fresh with display drivers

whats your PSU model and wattage ?

Associate
OP
its a step, ideal world your meant to run it everytime your about to install a new gpu driver update. 90% dont, normally only when the change from nvidia to amd or vise versa .
sometimes updates upon updates and cause issues. this clears everythign and starts fresh with display drivers

whats your PSU model and wattage ?

You get the driver from Guru3d correct? I've used it before if that is the case. I'll give it a run again.

It's a Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular ATX 80 PLUS Gold

On a side note, do I need to update the DDU or can I just use an older version just fine?

Associate
OP
if theres a newer vresion. would use that personally

Much later, I was doing some ****.

Well, I've gone into safe mode and uninstalled the drivers and manually installed the newest version for my GPU. Whether or not that will have had an impact I'm not going to know until a period of time later when it has or hasn't stopped. Obviously if it happens again ASAP then I'm going to know it hasn't resolved anything.

What about the black screening and fans? I've had this happen twice this morning before doing what I mentioned previously.

Back
Top Bottom