Monitor Upgrades (PC + PS5)

Associate
Hi Guys,

Im after some advice regarding monitor upgrades as ive finally bit the bullet and ordered a new PC and pre-ordered my PS5. Currently i am using 2x Viewsonic VX2252mh 22inch screens which in all fairness have done there job for me up to now but i feel that with the new PC build (Specs Below) and the PS5 release a new monitor setup is on the cards.

Screen wise im not to fussed ive looked at getting 2 individual monitors but also like the idea of these new ultra wide monitors that you can also use as two seperate screens. Budget wise i dont really want to be throwing money at it maximum would probbaly be around £1000 but this would only be if i was ordering something like the Odysey G9 or similar. Im just after something that will give me a great display for the new PC and PS5 but doesnt need to break the bank.

Screens size can be anything recommended. The 22inch screen fit on my desk nicely at the moment but this is being changed so bigger monitors would be fine. Grpahics card for the PC will be the new RTX 3070 / 3080 Once there released.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,055.55 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Soldato
This might be a bit off the norm, but if you're after a 'monitor of any size for £1000' I'm going to recommend you do not get a monitor. This does depend on what sorts of games you play to an extent don't get me wrong, but in many cases monitors are a bit on the crap side at the higher end of the scale when compared to TV's of the same price.

Instead I would look at getting a LG OLED TV, the quality in colour and other areas will massively overstep any current 'PC Monitors' gaming or otherwise.

There's a few on here who have done just that.

You've spent a chunk of money that's probably not necessary with one or two components too, but I'll let others look at that as I'm back and forth from the PC right now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m in the same boat
Currently the only option for a single screen which meets the requirements for both are LG OLED and Nano screens. Both only go down to 49/48 inch which for me is too big.
I will probably buy a cheaper 1440p 144 screen for the PC and use the PS5 downstairs on our 65 LG OLED until some more options come out.

Back
Top Bottom