1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitors and warranties

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Cuchulain, 27 Jan 2006.

1. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

About a year to 18 months ago I bought an IIyama VM Pro 513, 6 months after buying it it developed a fault and IIyama sent someone out to pick it up and replace it with a new one. 3 day's ago the new one developed a fault and they said they've send out another replacement. A courier turned up today and replaced it with a refurbished model (nice big scratch down the right had side). It seems to work ok, but I'm a bit annoyed that they've given me a second hand monitor that say's on the back it was manufactured in 2003. Are companies supposed to honour their warranties with new hardware?

2. Seirrah

Gangster

Do you have the warranty to read what service you should expect ?

3. PieEater

Mobster

I think it's normal practice to issue re-furbs if the monitor is over a month old.

4. Seirrah

Gangster

But surely not one with damage ?

5. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Bugger :(

Also, now this is probably my imagination but it seems to not render whites very well (brightness and contrast at max and altering the colour temp hasn't helped) in comparison to a TFT, I'm assuming that's normal as a TFT is a lot brighter?