Monsoon EV2 threads

Associate
Over the past 6 months or so, I've slowly built up parts for my first attempt at a custom loop, and now that I've finally come to set it up, I've had nothing but issues!

I started off with XSPC triple seal fittings, but discovered that they required far too much force to insert the tubing (also from XSPC), even with a small amount of washing up liquid applied to the o-rings. So, I decided to buy some Monsoon EV2 fittings instead, along with some of Monsoon's 13/10mm PETG tubing and it would seem that the threads are somehow incompatible with both the reservoir and the CPU block! They work fine on the rads and the GPU block, but they simply refuse to screw in to anything else.

The parts I have are:

- Mayhems Havoc 240 and 360mm radiators
- Thermaltake PT40-D5 pump/res combo
- Swiftech Apogee XL2 CPU block
- EK-FC Titan X Nickel GPU block

Has anyone encountered either of these issues before?

Man of Honour
Did you chamfer the ends of the tubing when using the XSPC fittings ?

The only fittings i would recommend are Nanoxia Cool Force - great quality and about half the price of other fittings ( see my build in sig )

Soldato
I have 20 of them, no issues with the G1/4 thread though some products do require extenders on certain ports. Have you checked the manual of the res and block?

Pics of the CPU block? Also as above you do need to chamfer the tube and wet with distilled for easy insertion.

Associate
OP

The only fittings i would recommend are Nanoxia Cool Force - great quality and about half the price of other fittings ( see my build in sig )
Yep, chamfered and sanded. I can only just about get the tubing to fit outside the case by twisting it and applying a lot of force, and it looks like I might've damaged an o-ring doing that.

They look pretty nice. I can't see anywhere to buy them for a reasonable price though.

Associate
OP
I have 20 of them, no issues with the G1/4 thread though some products do require extenders on certain ports. Have you checked the manual of the res and block?

Pics of the CPU block? Also as above you do need to chamfer the tube and wet with distilled for easy insertion.
Do you mean they require extenders if there's a clearance issue?

There's only an installation manual with the block and it makes no mention of any compatibility issues. I couldn't find anything for the res either.

I tried the fittings on a Thermaltake pacific W1 CPU block and they don't seem to work with that too.

What would you like a picture of? The threads specifically, or the whole block?

Yeah, I've tried chamfering and wetting the tube. They still require a lot of force, probably enough to break components.

Soldato
Well the thread that goes in the block is standard - you did put the oring on yes? Occasionally for example on an EK reservoir some of the ports require an extender but that's because they'll leak not that they won't be screwing in...

I meant pics of the thread you can't get in, all blocks and fittings are G1/4 so no reason they won't fit really.

Soldato

Quick question can you trust message where you got the nanoxia fittings? Google is failing me for some reason!

Edit: Ignore. Think I've found them.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well the thread that goes in the block is standard - you did put the oring on yes? Occasionally for example on an EK reservoir some of the ports require an extender but that's because they'll leak not that they won't be screwing in...

I meant pics of the thread you can't get in, all blocks and fittings are G1/4 so no reason they won't fit really.
Yep, I put the oring on. They just don't seem to screw in much at all, maybe a quarter turn at most.
fcf7xP4.jpg
3BqUhow.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, I put the oring on. They just don't seem to screw in much at all, maybe a quarter turn at most.

Did you try several fittings and all the same? If you have any extenders or rotary fittings you can try: Do they screw in ok? Do the fittings screw in to those ok?

With Monsoon I'm not exactly overly confident, of you talk to them they use words like 'should' quite a bit... but the G1/4 is imperial so even as Americans it should be ok.

Associate
OP
Did you try several fittings and all the same? If you have any extenders or rotary fittings you can try: Do they screw in ok? Do the fittings screw in to those ok?

With Monsoon I'm not exactly overly confident, of you talk to them they use words like 'should' quite a bit... but the G1/4 is imperial so even as Americans it should be ok.
Yep, I tried all 12 of them and none would screw in. I don't have any at the moment, but I've ordered a 90° ratry fitting, along with an EK supremacy evo, so I'll be able to answer those questions in a few days. The EV2s work fine on the radiators and GPU block and the XSPC fittings work fine on everything, so it just appears to be a compatibility issue with the EV2s and the CPU block and res.

I might contact Monsoon and XSPC to see if they can help with either of the issues.

Thanks for your help by the way.

Soldato
Sounds weird, see what they say - pretty sure Monsoon won't be able to help though as the thread of the bottom is a standard size so potentially it's the block and res that need special treatment.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom