Monsters of Rock

Associate
Le Samourai said:
DP with Steve Morse should be a good 'un! :)

Ahh, Hawkwind... one of my faves is Chronicles of the Black Sword... has that ever appeared on CD? I remember taping a few tracks off The Friday Night Rock Show. :)

One of the best live CD's I've ever listaened to, just wished I could have been there.

I love the Elric books, Hawkwind just seem to have everything to portray the story. The best bit (In the show) must have been watching the fighters on stage, coupled with the music :)

Hence my name: One of the tracks is called NeedleGun :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Le Samourai said:
DP with Steve Morse should be a good 'un! :)

Steve Morse was with one of my favourite bands for years - KANSAS.
Never seen them live but I have a few imports.
I've seen all the other bands in this thread many times and during the 70's but if anybody has seen KANSAS then you have one up on me.

Associate
MikeTimbers said:
Ha! I went to the first one headlined by Rainbow
209156.gif
who were just awful. I seem to remember a 30 minute version of Since You've Been Gone with some short-haired git of a singer. 1980 I think and I then went straight down to Reading for the folllowing week.

That could've been Graham Bonnet.

Check what his most memorable concert was! ;):D

Man of Honour
Just booked tickets, woohoo

Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
Journey
Thunder
Ted Nugent

No complaints about that line up. :)

Sic

Sic

Soldato
fireblade900 said:
Download for the win!

i'm not letting you get away with that.

one day of download this year is bearable, but that's all destroyed by the fact that Trivium are playing.

Soldato
Sic said:
it's weird when opinions are so very wrong. i think it's a really well produced/written album, and it's got some really great songs on it.

I agree. I would say TINLTL is the favourite foos album for consistency, but the best tracks on TCATS were better than the best on TINLTL!

Man of Honour
It's tomorrow!

Can't wait, I am looking at the tickets on my desk in fornt of me, Made in Japan on at warp factor twelve in iTunes. Deep Purple are gonna show you pesky kids how it is done!

Sun, beer and excellent music.
Let's rock! :D

Man of Honour
dmpoole said:
They're finally going to split?
They should have split after Burn.

(Perfect Strangers wasn't too bad an album though)
Rather strangely this current line up have been together longer than the original original, if you know what I mean. :)

Some of their later albums were pretty good and Gillan is doing some good stuff now. Check out Gillan's Inn recorded earlier this year.

Man of Honour
AJUK said:
Rather strangely this current line up have been together longer than the original original, if you know what I mean. :)

Some of their later albums were pretty good and Gillan is doing some good stuff now. Check out Gillan's Inn recorded earlier this year.

That goes for a lot of 70's bands including Uriah Heep, Budgie, UFO, Scorpions etc.
The 'new' members have been with them a lot longer than the famous members.

I have the Gillan album but haven't give it a listen yet.

Man of Honour
People mentioning Quo? :D

Saw them last year at Alton Towers at a private party.

They were fantastic. :D One the greates live acts I've seen for entertainment value.

They also rip the **** out of themselves frequently during their shows. "This is one we released in the thirt...fifti...errrr...seventies!!"

Not too sure about the line up of the MoR though. Deep Purple are ok.. rest are.... mmmm not my taste I think.

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
Deep Purple are class and everyone must see them, Alice Cooper will be good for a laugh, Thunder were never that great but top marks to them as they are still cranking out the rock, Ted Nugent will be LOUD :D (wasn't he once pronounced as the loudest artist ever), Journey are a little tame but are very good musicians and I must admit I know nothing of Queensryke. There is another band playing but I have no idea who they will be. Anyway, it beats watching footy down the pub. :)

Back
Top Bottom