Monthly food spend

Soldato
so £750 is just for you? not like 6 people you were sharing a house with or something

Probably spend £350 a month for 3 people, but considering my nephew / sister / brother are near permanent residents it isnt too bad :p

Soldato
laissez-faire said:
Drink wasn't included but I drink very very little - only spend about £100 per month on booze and the only reason it is that high is I don't usually drink wine costing less than £15 per bottle.

WTF? :eek: Pretentious? Moi? (or vous in this case).

You're a student and don't drink wine for less than £15 a bottle? ....and ON TOP of a monthly food bill of £750 you spend a further £100 on booze?

Your parents are obviously both a) very wealthy and b) ridiculously indulgent.

My wife and I both have well paid jobs and our monthly bill for both food and booze (for two people) would struggle to top £400 at the very max (on a 5 week month) and would be more likely to be in the £250/£300 region.

Even doing a grocery shop at M&S or Waitrose each week wouldn't push us to £850 A MONTH. Christ that's more than some people's take home wage.

I'm not surprised your parents aren't happy - I'd be bloody livid.

Edit #2: ok, so having re-read it would appear that you don't actually cook, but go to a restaurant EVERY DAY? Boy, you really need to join the real world and get some cooking skills!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
When I was at uni I managed on about £80/90 a month with ease.

I probably put in about £120-30 now but I now buy a few more luxury items. :)

Talk about wasted money... learn to cook for goodness sake.

Soldato
2 Adults w/ Baby

£280 per month -/+ £40

I probably spend about £70-£80 a month on food/junk at work (Chocolate, drinks etc) - Dammit.. thats a lot... packed lunches for the win :D

laissez-faire said:
Just came to the end of my second year of uni. I was going through the bank statements and I spent a whopping average of £750 per month on FOOD.

This seems too high, and my parents weren't too happy, what do you guys spend and any tips to cut down?

Thanks,

Sam

What in the world do you buy and where do you buy it?

You do know that we actually have International take aways/restaurants now?

You do not need a British Airways round the world ticket to get that Chicken Korma.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought i was bad at uni with food and drink but that is pretty insane. Do you not get sick of eating out?

I don't have any idea about what i spend on food, as long as between rent, credit card, and cash withdrawls don't go over about 1k per month average over the 10months at uni i'm ok.

Soldato
For 2 of us usually £55 per week at ASDA, then id say 35 quid a week for takeaways, so 2 takeaways on the weekend between 2 of us. Then about 3 times a month we go out for a curry which is about £30 a time.

So asda £220 Pm
Takeaways £140 Pm
Eating Out £100 Pm

Thats about £460.

None of that includes alcohol though

I could easily spend over £80 a week at asda without a problem and that would push that up to £560 Pm all in, but i would say that would be the max, without going for more meals out which could see you to £750 with ease between 2. On your own though no chance.

Associate
that is a stupidly indulgent lifestyle, 750, i have two dogs and two kids and the wife, i eat like a horse, we spend about 400 a month, and we buy lots of luxuries with that as well.
learn to cook and buy a house with your extra 550 a month, keep doin that then maybe you can support that luxurious lifestyle!
or join the raf and eat out 3 times a day for 130 a month!

Soldato
Hehe "you'd better do well in your exams"

- doesn't seem likely if the guy is wondering why his food bill is so high when he eats out every single day!

So far we've got

- No budget
- Overindulgence
- Dependance on parents
- Moneycus Moronicus Syndrome

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
Think the OP should donate half his monthly food money for food aid in Africa. He can afford to feed half the continent at this rate.

You are literally spending on average half the salary on food, for some people, a whole month's income ! What do you eat for breakfast ? or Dinner even, Fillet steak with Caviar on the side?

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
Think the OP should donate half his monthly food money for food aid in Africa. He can afford to feed half the continent at this rate.

You are literally spending on average half the salary on food, for some people, a whole month's income ! What do you eat for breakfast ? or Dinner even, Fillet steak with Caviar on the side?

Agreed. He makes me sick tbh.

Back
Top Bottom