More guns, less crime

Suspended
How predictable. I'm thankful at least that you have no legislative influence ;)

I don't like to disappoint ;)

Look, in all seriousness, I've stated my view very clearly. I just don't believe that I should rely on anyone other than myself to defend my family and home. I know you feel otherwise, and that's fine. I'm not going to try and convince you.

As regards legislative influence, you're mistaken. I am a voter and can lobby No.10 in exactly the same way anyone else can. Whether they'll listen is another matter of course - the Government seems to want the general public to become more and more risk averse while continuing to support state sanctioned murder. A bizarre contradiction.

Last edited:
Permabanned
get a shotgun then, much better for home defence than a pistol.

LOL? I presume thats a joke. As it's obviously rubbish! Compared to a pistol you want a shotty? Off the top of my head - Bad manouverability (slow to turn). Bad in enclosed spaces (pain to walk into the front room with). Not accurate. Spread too great (ask a friend if you don't know what this means). Loud cocking. Slow reload. only 2 shots. Difficult to conceal. Cumbersome. Heavy. Lot of recoil.

Deary me :( Your gonna send a guy wandering round his house carrying a shotty over a pistol? Please please tell me it was a joke! :/

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't like to disappoint ;)

Look, in all seriousness, I've stated my view very clearly.

Oh, you were joking? :( OK, my turn...

You know that one of these is much cheaper and safer than a gun, right?

penispumpmainfull.jpg

Associate
LOL? I presume thats a joke. As it's obviously rubbish! Compared to a pistol you want a shotty? Off the top of my head - Bad manouverability (slow to turn). Bad in enclosed spaces (pain to walk into the front room with). Not accurate. Spread too great (ask a friend if you don't know what this means). Loud cocking. Slow reload. only 2 shots. Difficult to conceal. Cumbersome. Heavy. Lot of recoil.

Deary me :( Your gonna send a guy wandering round his house carrying a shotty over a pistol? Please please tell me it was a joke! :/

So you'd prefer to face someone who would be carrying a pistol, because they'd be ideal in the house, over someone carrying a knife because the shotty is; Bad manouverability (slow to turn). Bad in enclosed spaces (pain to walk into the front room with). Not accurate. Spread too great. Loud cocking. Slow reload. only 2 shots. Difficult to conceal. Cumbersome. Heavy. Lot of recoil.

Deary me :(

Caporegime
Unless you live in certain parts of london where black youths have practically re written the book on gun mastery by perfecting their art on innocent victims every day.

they seem to shoot other black gang members more tbh.

and fairly poorly at that if the news is anything to go by.

Soldato

lol at a shotgun not being accurate and having large spread inside a house.

Caporegime
If guns are put back into circulation I wouldn't leave the house without body armour.

what you need is the

EnGarde Executive Vest

The EnGarde Executive is a vest of outstanding quality, designed with the intention to provide a unique solution for people with an executive function.
This vest is ideal for politicians, business men or even bodyguards. The vest only weighs 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs) and offers the wearer optimal protection of NIJ Level IIIA.
The EnGarde Executive not only provides protection to the front and back but also laterally.

popshotengardeexecutive.jpg

NIJ Level IIIA will stop a 9 mm FMJ at 1,400 fps (smg velocity) and even a .44 magnum (semi jackted hollow point) at 1,400 fps.

Minimizes blunt trauma injury to allow more effective return fire.

When you have to look stylish under fire, EnGuard is there there for you, so you can be there for your family.

Man of Honour

Actually generally he's right and you're wrong, except in the case of people who have a lot of experience in Practical Pistol. The spread is actually the most important part: if you seriously think the average person could hit anything smaller than a barn door with a pistol, in a house, at night, while hyped on adrenaline, you would appear to know little about shooting. You'd need most of the rounds in the mag to stand a chance of hitting your target. And if you're merely after firing a warning shot, nothing says "I surrender" better than shotgun going off. Any burglar won't care that you only have one left: they know that they will get hit and it will hurt a lot. And one would have to assume that if pistols were allowed, so would pumps, meaning you have at least four left in fact. Even if you just plan to scare them, a shotgun still trumps a pistol. The lack of manoeuvrability is an issue but not a fatal one.

All of which brings up the biggest problem with arming the citizenry: by and large they are untrained idiots. We are talking a citizenry whose favourite paper is The Sun. Still want to arm them?

M

Permabanned
the real reason why we are disarmed isn't for our well being, your very naive if you believe that.

the real reason is that you cannot allow slaves to be armed, its simple... its for the governments/elites safety not the public.

Man of Honour
There's no citation Dolph. I'm basing this on my own objective understanding of society and culture. It's opinion.

Ah, in that case I'll point out that your opinion is wrong, because it isn't supported by evidence in the slightest.

The status quo as it is, works. Apart from the rare incident such as the Cumbria incident, where exactly are guns running riot in the state? Bring back guns, you put them into the hands of those who you don't want to and then you've got a whole new problem to deal with.

It worked before the handgun ban as well, apart from their rare incident of Dunblane. The people we don't want to have them have guns now, so that isn't really an issue. The law only takes weapons from the law abiding.

Society should be moving away from its individuals being armed, not retreating to it the second something goes awry. This isn't fuedal England anymore.

What else do you propose to ban? Martial arts? all forms of self defence?

The police can't defend the people, that's not their job, they are a reactive force who respond after the crime has been committed...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You're more likely to get shot if the criminal believes you could be armed.

How could that be wrong?

Because despite what you may think, most criminals don't want to kill people. What tends to happen in places with strong self defence laws and high weapon ownership is that burglars concentrate on empty houses, not that they go around killing homeowners.

Associate
So you'd prefer to face someone who would be carrying a pistol, because they'd be ideal in the house, over someone carrying a knife because the shotty is; Bad manouverability (slow to turn). Bad in enclosed spaces (pain to walk into the front room with). Not accurate. Spread too great. Loud cocking. Slow reload. only 2 shots. Difficult to conceal. Cumbersome. Heavy. Lot of recoil.

Deary me :(

The compact shotguns for home defense availble in europe/usa are

Short, 3-8 shots, semi auto absorbs the recoil, the pattern at under 20yds is going to be small and a direct hit would be fatal.

Back
Top Bottom