• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

More information from Gigabyte on 3080 Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
recommended psu750W whaaatttt...thats 3090 power lvls...

And 3090 performance or near as dam it, it's a heavily factory over clocked card thats had the PCB designed properly for the 3080 not the generic standard that is quite limited and a 4 slot cooler to go with the custom power draw :)

Queue position 9... Knowing the cards wont ship till at least week 1 of October at the earliest... Wishing my life away...

Associate
OP
And 3090 performance or near as dam it, it's a heavily factory over clocked card thats had the PCB designed properly for the 3080 not the generic standard that is quite limited and a 4 slot cooler to go with the custom power draw :)

Queue position 9... Knowing the cards wont ship till at least week 1 of October at the earliest... Wishing my life away...

I’m in the same boat as you. What time did your order go through? Mine was 14:29 and the queue calculator seems to change my position up and down daily

Associate
I’m in the same boat as you. What time did your order go through? Mine was 14:29 and the queue calculator seems to change my position up and down daily

haha yer my position moves daily too, Original order was 14:31 @Payment the website crashed, was 14:39 before payment went through.....
I'm looking forward to this card I honestly feel the extra £200 is smart money for the 3080's, it should be the fastest factory clocked card and @ 3090 performance and still £500 cheaper.
Not even fussed about the AMD as there are other features I want from Nvidia that AMD don't offer.

Associate
OP
haha yer my position moves daily too, Original order was 14:31 @Payment the website crashed, was 14:39 before payment went through.....
I'm looking forward to this card I honestly feel the extra £200 is smart money for the 3080's, it should be the fastest factory clocked card and @ 3090 performance and still £500 cheaper.
Not even fussed about the AMD as there are other features I want from Nvidia that AMD don't offer.

yeah, I didn’t mind the cost. I had a 2080 Aorus Xtreme so I was expecting it to be higher than the £749 I think it originally was.
I like how they’ve mentioned that on the page it can be overclocked, as people have reported issues overclocking some of the other ones. With that being said, I’ll be using it to play Valorant, so I won’t be pushing it all the time

I need to stop myself looking at upgrading to the z490 Master mobo

Associate
yeah, I didn’t mind the cost. I had a 2080 Aorus Xtreme so I was expecting it to be higher than the £749 I think it originally was.
I like how they’ve mentioned that on the page it can be overclocked, as people have reported issues overclocking some of the other ones. With that being said, I’ll be using it to play Valorant, so I won’t be pushing it all the time

I need to stop myself looking at upgrading to the z490 Master mobo

Im running an Aorus X570 AORUS ELITE mb and really happy with it, got my 3800x hard clocked with a good undervolt to 4.6ghz across all core's, my 3080 is mostly to drive my Valve index, might finally be able to run it how it should be.

Saw a tear down on the OC Strix 3080 last night, that looks well made though the cooler is still last gens just a bit larger, when I saw that Aorus were taking time to deliver this card to market had a feeling it would be worth the wait, and I think we shall be very happy bunnies! Aorus 3080 xtream owners club inc :)

P.S. my 1200watt PSU doesn't seem such a daft idea anymore haha.

Associate
They are nice cards actually... Wondering whether to swap my Strix order to the Xtreme. If only I could see the future so I know which would ship first!

Associate
They are nice cards actually... Wondering whether to swap my Strix order to the Xtreme. If only I could see the future so I know which would ship first!

There is a Facebook group where the lead Asus engineer posts most days, he said the OC Strix next week none OC to follow, not sure if the Master ships sooner than the xtream, as the Masters specs are locked (none for xtream yet) in but they only said on the Aorus live stream the xtream ships 'hopefully first week of October'.

However there is an asian holiday where they all shutdown right around now I think?

Soldato
I like this card. Probably between the Master and FE if I get a 3080.

I think OcUK has some type of RMA arrangement with Gigabyte? Remind me, does Gigabyte have UK RMA?

Associate
There is a Facebook group where the lead Asus engineer posts most days, he said the OC Strix next week none OC to follow, not sure if the Master ships sooner than the xtream, as the Masters specs are locked (none for xtream yet) in but they only said on the Aorus live stream the xtream ships 'hopefully first week of October'.

However there is an asian holiday where they all shutdown right around now I think?

Yeah, I joined that group. I'm just not confident that I will see my card from the first initial shipment anyway. I am like 1000th in the 'unofficial' queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom