More London violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
he just happened to stumble across a guy w/ a crossbow in his shed? :-/ how long had he been in there?
odd that BBC makes no mention of her other name.

Soldato
Yes. RT comments section is stuffed with some pretty horrible people. Lot of anti-Semitism in particular. RT doesn't mod their comments very much and it covers a lot of geo-politics. So it's a pretty ugly combination. The cost of Free Speech, I guess. :/

It makes you wonder how prevalent those kind of ignorant views are in society, I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people on there don't have a platform in their actual life to spout such nonsense so how many other people are hiding behind a veil of social acceptability while simultaneously worrying about, and I quote, "coloured subhumans swarming the Country".

Actually to highlight that point a bit and to bring it back on topic there was a questions time from Dulwich last week that discussed the rise in knife crime in London and you had a wide range of views on the causes etc, and at least one of the comments smacked of a toned down version of that rhetoric, so maybe with the way the climate has been shifting recently people are feeling bolder in terms of expressing their prejudices.

In terms of the spate of violent crime it was depressingly predictable when the cuts to police and social services started to really kick in, this case is a bit of an outlier as it seems to be a family dispute of some kind if the RT details are correct, but the majority of the violence in cities at the moment seems to be poor kids stabbing other poor kids and gang violence. It's not rocket science that removing support service and initiatives designed to engage young people and communities, and then cutting back on police with create the kind of environment required for violent crime to fester.

Caporegime
It makes you wonder how prevalent those kind of ignorant views are in society, I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people on there don't have a platform in their actual life to spout such nonsense so how many other people are hiding behind a veil of social acceptability while simultaneously worrying about, and I quote, "coloured subhumans swarming the Country".

I've heard people in the workplace voice similar views, no idea how they get away with it, remember one time some cockney geezer being bewildered at the fact there was a mixed race person working on the team.

Caporegime
In terms of the spate of violent crime it was depressingly predictable when the cuts to police and social services started to really kick in, this case is a bit of an outlier as it seems to be a family dispute of some kind if the RT details are correct, but the majority of the violence in cities at the moment seems to be poor kids stabbing other poor kids and gang violence. It's not rocket science that removing support service and initiatives designed to engage young people and communities, and then cutting back on police with create the kind of environment required for violent crime to fester.

The correlation is so obvious and everyone warned this would happen when cuts started in 2010.

Some people would have you believe black people are just more stabby though, because melanin definitely causes that. :rolleyes:

Soldato
The correlation is so obvious and everyone warned this would happen when cuts started in 2010.

Some people would have you believe black people are just more stabby though, because melanin definitely causes that. :rolleyes:

I was under the impression that drill music was the issue this time around? It's really depressing, like a vicious cycle, they managed to solve the problems caused by video nasties, then gangster rap ruined all their hard work, they clean up the gangster rap epidemic and now drill music is warping our kids. Awful stuff :rolleyes:.

Glasgow prior to the recent assault on knife crime pretty much dispels that "stabby black person" narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom