1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More (Noobish) London Meet Pics

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Mulder, 30 Jan 2006.

1. Mulder

Mobster

Here are my best from the meet yesterday. I can't do any editing as I don't have photoshop!

[​IMG]

I really like this one for some reason. F8, 7 seconds, ISO 64.

[​IMG]

Parliament by night.

[​IMG]

The eye from an angle. I've shown this to a few people and they love it but I'm not sure.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2006
  2. Mulder

Mobster

[​IMG]

My attempt at this great looking location! I really couldn't get the "pan" that Joe and sleepyd were getting.

[​IMG]

I really like the sky in this one, although you lot will probably say it's overexposed!

[​IMG]

Close up on the eye.

I've only had my new Sony DSC-H1 for about a week now and these are the first "proper" shots I've attempted. Again, comments welcome. :)

Last edited: 30 Jan 2006
  3. rlm

Hitman

Love those eye pictures, what exposure were you using for them?

The sky in the second parlement picture looks pixelated, is that due to jpeg compression for forum use?

4. Mulder

Mobster

Thanks. :) The first eye was 30 seconds. The second and third were 20.

Probably yeah. The originals were 5mb, I've managed to take them down to 40k odd. :eek:

5. antc

Wise Guy

for me the fourth shot is the best with the tree lights leading into the london eye.

great work

6. Reidy

Gangster

nice photos.... not to sure about the photo of parliment!!! bit bright!!!

7. Sleepyd

Hitman

I think there are one or two that are definitely over-exposed. As I said at the time - it's hard to get the houses of parliament exactly right because of the difference in levels of light hitting the building. The first pic is the better of the two.

I would say that you need to have a bit less compression on the images - there's some ghosting around the trees by the wheel.

Although I'll post a collection soonish - here was my impression of the shot:

[​IMG]