More radius questions (cisco, linksys etc)

Soldato
Following my previous thread, I've a few more questions about radius and wireless stuff. Just looking to get better security for my wireless network without necessarily using wpa which isn't supported by all my client's laptops:

a) Is there a list of access points that support it? My current one doesn't. I was looking at linksys as that's the consumer arm of cisco (apparently) and I can't really afford an aironet. Anyways, the linksys supports snmp which I use for all my other networking stuff, but if it supports radius as well, that'd be good to know.

b) My current ap doesn't support radius, but it can act as a repeater. Can it repeat any access point, regardless of authentication, or does it have to be compatible?

c) I'm assuming radius can be used to control access to cisco routers/switches?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
csmager said:
I can answer (a). I have a Linksys WAP54G and I'm using WPA-RADIUS Authentication on that.

how do you rate the wap54g in general? Worth getting? it's that or saving up for an aironet 1200...

Last edited:
Soldato
Got one here. HAve set it up with EAP-TLS before just for a play around. Worked nicely. Back on WPA now bacause it's not worth it (plus i flattened my server)

I'm pretty sure all the newer cisco switches and routers support radius. And you can use it to authenticate things like VPN access as well.

Soldato
growse said:
how do you rate the wap54g in general? Worth getting? it's that or saving up for an aironet 1200...
Works fine for me. I have no experience with the Cisco range - I'd quite like one, but the price is a bit steep!

Back
Top Bottom